Chapter 35

THE WEDDING

ELARA

Cissy fussed every two minutes over my hair and makeup as I sat half ready in a silk gown with Pansy and Daphne drinking champagne.

"Cissy it's okay you can relax, grab a glass and join us" I sighed as she triple checked the curls at the back of my head.

She took deep breathes to calm herself "How can you be so composed the ceremony starts in two hours" she flapped her hands nervously.

I took hold of her hands "I trust you everything will be perfect, now come and have a drink with us and then we'll get the bridesmaids in their dresses, then me okay?" I ushered her to sit next to me.

She sighed and relaxed back into the seat sipping at her champagne. Pansy smirked at me out the corner of my eye and I chuckled sipping my drink "Are you nervous?" Daphne piped up and I shook my head.

"No I just can't wait to marry him, nothing else matters" I smiled at my lap and Cissy sniffled beside me.

"Oh dear I'm going to ruin my makeup" she stood abruptly looking in the mirror and dabbing at her eyes.

I shook my head laughing at the girls "Shall we get your dresses on then?" I shook my shoulders in excitement.

The ladies Cissy hired stood to alert and unhooked the bridesmaids dresses handing the correct dress to Pansy and Daphne.

I shook my hands at my sides as they shouted ready from behind the curtains. The curtains pulled back in unison and I covered my mouth as I beamed at my girls.

The dresses complimented them perfectly the dark green sheer mesh spanning long sleeves and dusted with a slight shimmer, down to a dark green silk sweetheart neck line fitted until they flared at the waist and fell to the floor.

"You know El you're meant to make us look hideous so you look better" Pansy teased and I narrowed my eyes at her "I'm not that petty Pans, you are both stunning you deserve to be treated as such".

"They are beautiful El thank you" Daphne blushed smoothing down the fabric on her stomach.

Cissy rushed back into the room and beamed at the girls "You look lovely girls, now ladies please could you prepare Elara's dress" she ordered them.

I blew out a breath as the two ladies fussed over the buttons on the delicate fabric at the back of my dress, "You could just use your wands to do that you know?" I peered over my shoulder at them and they widened their eyes.

"You'll do no such thing" I heard Cissy call out from behind the curtain, I smiled and winked at the ladies nodding my head to allow them. I leant my head back so they could securely pin the veil in to my hair.

I stared back at my reflection in the mirror as the ladies fanned out the bottom of my dress and veil around me. I looked like a princess from one of those muggle films.

I handed one of them the necklace Draco had bought me all of those years ago, reaching down to touch the charms as it was clasped around my neck.

"Ready" the young girl asked and I nodded my head turning towards the curtain. I bowed my head as they pulled the curtains back and looked up to Pansy, Daphne and Cissy dabbing at their eyes. I stepped out towards them and twirled around with my arms out beside me.