Chapter 14

~Kokichi's POV~

TW: HALLUCINATIONS 

"I actually dealt the final blow that killed Shirogane-San," Shuichi confessed.

I stood there completely frozen. Wait he killed her, but wouldn't get executed right? Or would he because he killed the mastermind? I hope that's not the case, but nothing ever turns out good in this hell.

"Why, you could've just let Shinguji-Kun do it!" I shouted.

"Because, I wanted to end all the pain and suffering permanently, no matter the cost! She caused so much despair, I just couldn't stand it anymore!"

"Monokuma, what happens if there's two killers?" Shinguji-Kun asked.

"Well, normally I'd only execute one, but I have something special planned instead. Anyway it's voting time so please cast your votes for Angie Yonaga's killer!" Monokuma exclaimed happily.

Everyone voted for Shinguji-Kun, no surprise there.

"Now cast your votes for Tsumugi Shirogane's killer!"

I know Shuichi did it, but I couldn't bear it! If he ended up dying because of this I didn't want to be leading him to my death. I voted for myself instead. Everyone else voted for Shuichi.

"How did Shinguji-Kun agree to this?" Harukawa-Chan wondered.

I could tell she was trying her hardest to stay calm.

"I saw him carry Angie's body, so I told him I wouldn't say anything until the trial if he lets me help him with the second murder. He agreed and said either way he'd get to see his beloved sister again," Shuichi answered cringing at the last part.

"Welp, enough of this sappy stuff it's punishment time, and since one of you killed our beautiful mastermind we'll have two executions!" Monokuma shouted.

Wait two executions?! Shuichi is going to die just because he wanted to end all the pain and suffering Shirogane-Chan caused!

No!

No!

No!

This can't be happening, not now when I finally got the real him back! I know that he didn't mean to do what he did. I forgive him and I love everything about him. I don't want to lose him, I've never felt this way before. I've been alone in this world for so long no one has ever mattered this much to me.

"Please there has to be a way I can save Shuichi! I can't lose him!" I mumbled.

Tears were falling down my cheeks. I felt arms wrap around me, securing me in a tight embrace.

"Hey, it's okay. I may not be here forever, but I'm here right now," Shuichi assured me.

I didn't know what to say. I cried into his chest, clinging to him as tightly as I could.

Shinguji-Kun's execution started, but I didn't care enough to watch. It ended and Shuichi's was next. 

"Kokichi, promise me, if I die please keep on living and get out of this hell with everyone."

"But Shuichi, I-"

"Promise me please!"

Shuichi put his pinkie finger, I linked mine with it.

"I promise."

"Let's give it everything we've got, it's punishment time!" 

~Courthouse of Despair Ultimate Detective's execution~

I woke up in front of a screen that showed Shuichi standing on a pedestal alone in a courtroom. Words appeared on screen right next to it.

"I'm giving you a chance to save your oh so beloved detective. If you answer the questions correctly and lead Shuichi to the truth then congrats he survives. But if you answer them incorrectly and lead to the lie then he meets his demise. Even if you get one question wrong he dies. Oh and the cause of death is poison! He's already been injected with some Strike-9 poison, which kills slowly. So you don't have all the time in the world! Anyway it's time to figure out the truth among the lies."

The first question popped up with a ten second timer. Each second that went by Shuichi kept getting glares from the past victims. Pestering him to find out the truth. I looked over at the question.

"After everyone left the dining hall, the day before the first motive was introduced, who was still in there with Shuichi?"

Tsumugi

Shuichi was by himself

Kaede

Rantaro

I clicked on the answer that said Tsumugi. Confetti fell while the next question popped up.

"Why did Kokichi hold Kaede back when she was trying to go save Shuichi?"

He was just goofing around

He was working with the mastermind and didn't want her to interfere

He was protecting her because he knew something happened, but wasn't sure what it was

I clicked on the third option. More confetti fell. The next question popped up with a timer saying that I had 30 minutes to answer the next three questions, or else the poison would start kicking in. I looked back at the screen that showed Shuichi. Everyone who already died were surrounding him, staring into his soul. He tried to keep his composure, but I could tell he was panicking inside. The way he was gripping his pedestal was more than enough proof that this wasn't easy. Don't worry Shuichi I'll save you from this hell, even if it's the last thing I do!

I answered three more questions, each were proof that Shirogane-Chan was the mastermind. I ended up answering them all correctly. Shuichi drank the antidote. I thought we won, but then I felt something hit the back of my head. Everything went black as I slipped into unconsciousness.

~Execution Complete~

I woke up in the infirmary.

"Kokichi, you're awake," Shuichi said smiling.

"What happened?" I asked.

"After the execution one of the exisals hit you in the back of the head, knocking you unconscious. Your bandages from earlier came loose, and you started bleeding again. I took you to the infirmary, and that's when you woke up."

He started cleaning up the wound and wrapped bandages around my head.

"I should probably go so you can get some sleep," he said and stood up.

I quickly grabbed his hand.

"Please stay. Now that I know what it's like to almost lose you, I don't want to leave me again even for a second! Please don't go!" I pleaded.

"Alright I'll stay here with you, and I'll never leave you alone no matter what," He said smiling.

He crawled into the bed next to me. I cuddled up to him and we fell asleep. This was our final night in this hell, tomorrow we could get out since the mastermind is dead!

A/N: Credits to my bff who came up with the execution name!! Anyway thanks for reading. This is probably the second last chapter so the next chapter is the end of the story!! I'm currently writing a Komahine oneshot book and Saiouma Phantom Thief AU is coming after I finish writing this! SO if you're interested check 'em out!! Anyway that's all.