Chapter 5

~Rantaro's POV~

"Let's start with a basic explanation of the class trial. Your votes will determine the results. If you vote correctly, then only the blackened will be punished. But if you pick the wrong person.

I'll punish everyone besides the blackened. And the one who deceived everyone else will get to graduate from this academy. Also refusing to vote will result in your death, so you better vote for someone," Monokuma exclaimed happily.

"I think we should discuss the murder weapon first," Maki stated.

"The weapon slit his throat open."

"Could it've been a sword?" Korekiyo questioned.

"No that's wrong," I yelled at him, "There was a knife right next to his body. The knife was drenched in blood, it's safe to assume that it killed Ryoma."

"Okay, what about alibis?" Kokichi asked timidly.

"Gonta and I were in the library," Kiibo stated.

Gonta nodded.

"Himiko, Angie, and I were hanging out in the courtyard," Tenko said.

"Maki and I were walking around the academy."

"Kirumi, Shirogane-San, and I were eating supper in the dining hall."

"Shuichi and I were together all night."

"I was up in my lab last night using my genius brain to make some badass inventions!"

"I was hanging out in my room."

"Wait, Miu, you don't have an alibi. No one can prove if you're lying or not," Kaede said.

"If I have to lie, so be it," I mumbled, "Actually I can! I left my room for a bit and went by her lab. I heard loud noises that sounded like she was inventing something."

"Oh, if you really wanted to admire my golden brain. You could've come inside to admire everything else about me! Unless you wanna stay a fucking virgin forever! Ahahaha!"

I ignored her comment, at least she's playing along. But she was probably unaware that I lied.

"Wait, Rantaro what did you do after that?" Tsumugi questioned.

"I went-"

"To Shuichi's room. Creepichi didn't realize it because he went to go grab us dinner, leaving me all alone. So Rantaro came in and left right before he came back," Kokichi lied.

He's trying to fight for my innocence. I didn't expect this one bit.

"Well, Rantaro is this true?" Maki asked.

"Yup it is."

"Okay, Atua is telling me that Kaede didn't say her alibi," Angie remarked.

"That's right if you don't answer I'll use my magic to force it out," Himiko threatened lazily.

"Wow, Himiko it might be better to use that kind of magic on a degenerate male instead," Tenko replied.

"So Kaede, what's your alibi?" Kirumi asked.

"I was in my lab playing piano," she answered.

"Oh, reallyyyy Kaeyayday? I find that veryyyy hard to believe," Kokichi said, dragging out the words.

"I believe her words over any degenerate male," Tenko shouted.

"I don't think it matches up though," I stated.

"Atua is telling me that Kaede is lying," Angie said.

"It's too much of a pain to doubt her," Himiko complained.

"I agree with Kokichi~senpai," Shuichi said creepily.

"It's plain to see she's telling the truth," Tsumugi defended.

"This gorgeous girl is going to believe in flat-chested Kaede," Miu shouted.

"Gonta want to believe in Kaede because gentlemen believe in people."

"I'm with Gonta," Kiibo agreed.

"Well, I'm going to believe in her," Kirumi said.

"Kaede seems to be backed into a corner, oh humanity is always so beautiful," Korekiyo said amazed.

"Her statement doesn't match up, I wonder why," Maki thought out loud.

"I agree with Maki," Kaito shouted.

"HOLD ON!" Monokuma yelled, "You guys appear to be split down the middle. The Ultimate Academy For Gifted Juveniles is proud to present its own metaphorical trial grounds!"

Then the podiums lifted up and formed into two lines. Tsumugi was first

"Kaede was playing the piano. It's plainly obvious you would've heard it."

"Harukawa-San!" I shouted.

"Kaito and I were walking in the hallway. I don't remember hearing it."

Kirumi was next.

"Maybe Kaito heard it."

"Momota-Kun!"

"I have to agree with Maki, I heard nothing."

Himiko was after.

"Maybe she used a spell to make the piano quieter."

"Korekiyo!"

"That isn't even possible."

Kiibo spoke.

"According to the evidence Kaede doesn't seem to be lying."

"Yonaga-San!"

"But Atua says you're not considering all the possibilities."

Tenko intervened.

"Don't believe that degenerate male! Believe in Kaede and I when we say it's the truth."

"Saihara-Kun!"

"That's not exactly how finding lies works."

Wow, he actually said something normal in that state.

Kaede tried to redeem herself.

"Well, I was also listening to CDs."

"Kokichi!"

"Wow, Kaede! How many lies are going to fall outta your big mouth?!"

Gonta was last.

"But Gonta want to believe Kaede. Gentlemen always believe in people."

"I'll do this one! Just because you believe in them doesn't mean they're telling the truth."

"This is our answer!" We all shouted.

"Kaede you killed Ryoma didn't you?" I asked.

She nodded and spoke, "I wanted to save Shuichi from his suffering! I'm sure Kokichi is just pretending to be the victim."

"Why did you kill Ryoma?" Kiibo wondered.

"I'm sure it's not hard to figure out."

"Wait, did he want you to kill him because he thought his life had no purpose?" I questioned.

"Yeah, he practically was begging. I didn't want to kill him, but I couldn't bear the thought of Shuichi suffering! No one knows what's happening between him and Kokichi."

"Welp voting time!"

I sighed and cast my vote.

"You're all correct Ryoma's killer is the Ultimate Pianist, Kaede Akamatsu. Anyway, it's punishment time! No more sappy crap!"

We all watched Kaede slowly die in horror.

After the execution, Everyone went back onto the elevator.

I told everyone else besides Kokichi and Saihara-Kun that we need to discuss something important.