Chapter 10

"Hey! We're here! Can I see an up-close of the death? Is it possible? Also, where is the medic?"

"Medic's on his way. Something about 18+ accommodation. As for the death, we think it was upon impact, one of the well workers must've had something in his system, that's the biggest conclusion yet. He had a concussion after getting into the air and passed during landing. According to records it was close to his knee, he was the guy who caused the metal virus to spread on the resolute. It might have been a one off case though, as it was already inside of him. Our guess is as good as yours, however." The woman from Jupiter 8 stated.

Maureen had left the chariot to enter Jupiter along with the woman. As she entered the Medic came in. "Look at the patient then give your opinion because I'm not so sure of the superiority of this thing, although it might be one of our biggest problems."

"Will do, Ms. Robinson." The medic said.

Maureen headed to the front of the ship, in order to get to the comms. "Victor?" She said "Victor? Do you read me? Over."

"Yes I read you. What do you need? Over."

"I need the medical check of the patient under threat of a virus, last I heard the records were in the Jupiter you are in."

"I'll get to it, anything else?"

"That'll be enough for now. Just keep everyone on good terms, we don't need unmotivated people no matter the consequences." Maureen sighed, she can't imagine what state they're in now, finding new homes in Alpha Centauri, possibly looking for a way back.

The Medic present, made aware of her appearance in the room as she sneezed. "Bless you." Maureen instantly said. "Ok, back to the patient, is this worrying? I've flagged this Jupiter and a 6 m distance as a no-go area for now."

"It's very early on however I have speculation there are 3 people, looking at the medical records, that we should flag. All with metal within their bodies, like this patient, that virus is toxic once in the body, however the symptoms seem to be the result of the metal acting upon the bones in his body. He's too late to revive." The medic's face saddened. "Sadly Mr. Diaz has at most a week to live, Even less at this rate." 

"Oh...I would like reports on the other two victims in the mean time, I have to go do something. My condolences are very sincere,  please do make a report accordingly." Trembles in her voice were apparent, she just keeps losing and losing, the loss never seems to stop. 

On her way out she caught the end of a sentence spoken by a habitant of the Jupiter. 'A signal, right, no leads.' 

Maureen wound up confused, nothing was going any way, not good nor bad if anything there was nothing. She just felt nothing. Dull. The only positive of it all was the questions. She's always loved questions.

Flashback

*At Cemetery*

"Dad, I miss you. I know you can't hear me but it's hard, without you I mean, mum's struggling. At school it just doesn't feel the same without you. The other kids miss their principal, the new one doesn't care as much...Why? Anyway, a woman came to the school, she talked about space, it reminded me of when we used to go stargazing. I miss it so much. What's there is space? How big is the universe? Is there aliens? I love you dad, I just don't know how to live without you. It's no where near the same."

Maureen sat cross-legged looking at the tombstone attentively. The quote hit her in the heart every time, "To the moon and stars and back, this loving husband, son and father will always be remembered", Maureen always thought it was unfair, everyone lived happily with both their parents yet she was alone. In essence ever since that day it's just been her for herself. Her mum is always grieving. At least she wasn't fully alone, her mind was always distracting her, question after question. Her dad called her a busy brain. She gave a mini smile at that thought. She'd been told she's smarter than she should be for a 9 year-old, always ten steps ahead. Maureen sat thinking and talking until nightfall fell, then she walked back to her house,  taking in the beautiful night sky.

"Each star represents a new opportunity." She mumbled under her breath, she took a moment before grinning, "Yeah it does."

Present

*Back to the Planet*

"Ava- My man-" Don screeched.

"What'd you want? Also just in case you've forgotten I'm a woman, thankyou very much." Ava replied carrying on tinkering with the chariot she was working on.

"I'm here to do something, work my big muscles." Don flaunted his arms while Ava grunted.

"Haha, you're the funniest man alive." Ava mumbled sarcastically not giving him a look. "You sure you don't want to take a break to see your nose doctor?"

"I would, but I can't and No." Ava looked back with a smirk on her face, she started chuckling.

"OH, I- I-" Ava stumbled on her words as laughter took her. "She's HER?" Don turned away. "Hey, you make fun of me, it's only fair that I make fun of you..." 

"Excuse me...I'm different, since you only like to make fun of me I might just go for a trip with Victor though, he has a theory, a pretty long one too, I also think I need to knock some fun in that guy. Did I ever tell you anything about that wretched planet?"

"No. I'd like to hear anything about anything, it's so boring, I hate to just say it but we're stuck here. My optimism is at 0%." Ava said putting her tools away and sitting on a stool. don joined her.

"Honestly? same, but I believe in Maureen Magic, we got off that burning planet, managed to beat a bunch of aliens and still managed to not die. The Robinsons changed a lot for me, I'm actually thankful that they've taken me in, they're better parents than my son of a bitch dad." Don said.

"Luck I say, answer this, did Tammy have a chance? of surviving I mean?" Ava asked, sighing while remembering Roughneck, she, roughneck and Don were as close as can be before the robot saga.

Don looked away, then returned his eyes to the table. "Aah No- she was dead before I even saw her after the crash, Gave Smith her boots. I regret not burying her. Although not your first instinct after crashing on an alien planet."

"Miss her." Don nodded in agreement. "She put us in our place. Heard you were quite the Hero, Badass princess." Ava gave a slight smile.

"Hero I'll take. Badass princess...Diane?"

"Diane."

"What a big mouth. Since when did you talk to Diane?" Don asked.

"Since I was worried for your existence, imagine my surprise hearing everyone from the planet is back except for my very dear, not, friend Don West. The one who's motto is; he for himself. Those Robinsons sorted you out." Ava said blankly. "Talk about a miracle. Anyway I'd like to hear about Victor. What did he pain kill on that planet?"

"Judy's Prom night. Hah. Nah, we went to get fuel, didn't work out in the end anyway. But on the way I put on your wonderful space playlist- Panama in this instance, and opened the top chariot hatch and doc went up there...then Victor became a buzzkill...like always." 

"Not surprised."

'He- Hell-Hell-' A Com bursted out. Don ran to it. "Don West, who's speaking?"

"Adler-" Then a static silence took the room. 

---------

OK IM SO HAPPY- I didn't realise I'm nearing 1K! Like I was getting 100 views overall most of them being my friends but 1K!! I AM SO SORRY AS WELL!!! It's been a tough time for me, just like everyone, and I haven't updated in FOREVER and I am so sorry for that...Next Chapter is juicy. Hope you enjoy it! Anyway...FILMING WRAPPED I LOVE THE CAST- THEY'RE MY HEART- Pls do leave comment and reviews, it just makes my day! 

(Edit) I'm sobbing I thought I posted this but it didn't post!! Again I'm am extremely sorry!!