30: DOWNHILL PT. 1

"Did anyone see where she went?" Atsumu frantically looked around the area, looking for her H/C hair, but with many crowded students around, she was no where to be found

"Maybe we should--"

"I'm going to go look for her. Just wait for me." Osamu and Suna tried stopping him, though it was too late as he got lost in the crowd of people as well. The two of them and Kai gave each other glances, immediately going different ways to try and catch him. It was like they could sense something terrible happen, and exactly right before the fireworks too.

But when the three finally caught sight of Atsumu, it was far too late. They pushed through people, a pair of eyes on them with a smirk. And people tried passing by to the opposite gate, the fireworks were about to be popped, and the many students diminished to one end of the school.

Atsumu stood there with his mouth parted, eyes dropping down to see the one person he wanted, being with another guy. The guy he had formed a one-sided competition with.

Was it him?
Was this what she was planning to do?
She dressed up so beautiful, was with me the whole time, she technically flirted too right?... and just to go look for this guy?!

Ray stood in front of Y/n, a bit blush on his cheeks and a smile forming as he saw Atsumu's figure from the corner of his eyes. The girl of his dreams was in front of him, a confused look decorating her face. He thought she was, like always, so beautiful.

His words fell out of his mouth, "I think I- I like you."

He bent down to wrap his arms around the girl as she stood there with a frozen look on her face. It was most likely going to be the last time she'd ever be around him, so he took the chance. But she didn't dare move to hug him back. And she didn't know the guy she actually had feelings for stood behind her just a few feet away.

Osamu, Suna, and Kai finally caught up, but as they turned the corner, they noticed their friends. One had glossy eyes, holding in his tears, mouth still parted open, and a quivering bottom lip, and the other was being engulfed in someone elses arms.

Atsumu shakes his head in defeat, thinking it was all over with. He thought he got played by someone he was originally planning to do it to first. The boy turned around, a sad frown being replaced with a look of revenge on it. Atsumu ran away.

And right as he did that, Y/n wrapped her arms around Ray, but then suddenly pulled on his shirt and shoved him off of her. Words of rejection came out from her lips, "I'm sorry. I don't really feel the same way. Maybe we'd be better off as friends, Ray."

Osamu, Suna, and Kai's eyes widened as they connected the dots. And Y/n turned around to see her friends all together. Except for one. The corner of Ray's lips lifted up, it seemed their plan was actually going to work. He chuckled and sat down on the bench that off to the side.

Y/n's head tilted innocently, "Hey guys... What's wrong?"

The three guys started to run in the direction Atsumu went to, yelling for him. "Atsumu!"

"Where the fuck are you at?!"

"Just stop it already!"

Y/n started to follow suitably, her shoes clicking off of the hard pavement, surely it's for the fireworks right? That's right. We wouldn't want to miss it, she thought and started to run as well, clueless as to what was truly happening.

"STOP ATSUMU!" Osamu placed his palms on his knees, breathing in to catch his breathe quickly.

Right as Atsumu was to walk down the right corner, Liliya showed up. A fake look of innocence all over her face. She already knew what was happening. "A-Atsumu?"

"Great, I was looking just for you," he said, the right person to do this with. Revenge. He grabbed her by the face, looking and scanning over her features, which, might I add, were so much different than those of Y/n's. I might regret this later on. But I have the right to do this... She did it first to me. Played me. Technically, I could've never been with her either way. She was just a bet, he chuckled, trying to convince himself that he was in the right.

"Me too, actually," she smiles at him.

"GODDAMN IT. JUST STOP THIS DUMBASS!"

"YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING ATSUMU!"

"YOU'RE MISUNDERSTANDING EVERYTHING--"

"YOU THINK WHAT I SAW WAS A MISUNDERSTANDING?!" he looked at his brother, "NO! IT'S NOT A FUCKING MISUNDERSTANDING."

"Yes it is! Just listen... please," Osamu pleads, but it's far too late. As Y/n had already turned the corner, witnessing the scene unfold in front of her.

-

AUTHOR'S NOTE

yall prolly hate me for this so bad omg. next part will be up later 😨
vote and comment. opinions?