Chapter Fifteen

A/N before I start, I have an Instagram for my writing now! So if you want to follow for the updates the novels, sneak peaks as well as insight into my personal life, feel free to follow me.

My username is: luvwarriorcats13_official 

I have only posted one thing at the moment but that will slowly add more stuff to it.

Anyway, enjoy the chapter!

Next Day

Third POV

Percy, Jason and Emily were sitting in the dining room at the table as Percy explained what happened in the last six months, while eating a breakfast buffet created by Emily herself. 

Jason was just blinking, staring at Percy with shock and confusion as Percy rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly. 

Emily noticed Jason's phone on the side going off, causing Emily to get up, and get his phone.

"Someone called Piper is blowing up your phone" Emily said as she passed his phone to Jason "Sorry to look but the buzzing was annoying me" 

Jason looked at his phone confused, and then widen his eyes.

"Wow, 23 missed phone calls and heaps of messages?!!" Jason asked "If she wanted me that much she would Iris message me"

Percy chuckled, making Jason look at him.

"Well, due to the annoying Iris messages I was getting and the monster attacks I actually fixed my shield around the house" I said "So because it's strong and new, Iris messages don't normally come through unless I do it as my water abilities normally do the trick"

Jason sighed, and put his phone down.

"Don't you want to reply to that?" Emily asked as the phone was continuously buzzing; a phone call.

Jason shook his head.

"As much as I love her, I hate her" Jason stated as he put his head in his hand, which rested on his elbows on the table "Our relationship is on and off"

"Still?" Percy asked, standing up to walk over to his friend "I'm sorry Jason, I know it would be hard"

Emily took this as a cue to leave, taking her plate out to the kitchen bench.

"Y-Yeah" Jason stammered, almost trying to hide back his tears "I want it to work but it's hard, we're so different these days"

"I know, I understand" Percy said, "If there is anything I can do to help then-"

"I know, I know" Jason said and then looked up at Percy "You will be the first person I call"

Percy smiled.

Percy felt a slight tinge on his wrist, where the bracelet Emily gave him sat.

He felt waves of an emotion running through it, of anxiousness.

"Percy?" Jason asked, confused as the singer turned to Emily, who now took Jason and Percy's finished plates to the kitchen.

"What's wrong?" Percy asked, making Emily freeze as she opened the bin, to scrape off the scraps left over.

"Nothing" Emily said quickly, making Percy narrow his eyes.

He walked over to his adopted daughter, knowing she's lying. 

"Emily" Percy said sternly, which surprised Jason at the tone of his tone. 

Emily sighed.

"It's stupid" Emily said as she looked down to the plates she's wiping in the sink.

"It won't be stupid, I know it" Percy said, "Now talk, do you want Jason to leave or-"

"It's alright" Emily said, making Percy narrow his eyes as she messed with her bracelet.

"It's the bullies, isn't it?" Percy asked, making him sigh "I shouldn't have let you gone onto the livestream, then you wouldn't have to think about this-"

"It's alright, it was meant to come out soon anyway" Emily said "It's just I'm getting so many messages and my social media is blowing up. With questions, with statements, with threats-"

"Threats?" Jason asked, also concerned. 

"It's that Veronica and Venessa girls isn't it?" Percy asked, making Emily nod. 

Percy pinched the end of his nose and took a deep breath, trying not to get mad.

"Just call Thomas to come over" Percy stated "He would be dealing with the same as the cast got announced today"

"What about your appear-"

"We stated you're 'living' with me right?" Percy continued "So we will say that until we trust him, alright"

Percy walked around Emily's side of the kitchen bench, not looking up at her adopted dad.

"Look at me Emily" Percy stated, "Emily please"

Emily looked up at Percy teary eyed, which caused Percy to hug her.

"You'll be alright, you'll get through this okay?" Percy said softly "I will be with you every step of the way"

Emily smiled as she snuggled into her adopted father's arms, glad he chose her out of all the girls at the orphanage. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ava walked through the busy times square, just coming out of the Starbucks near there.

She fought the tears as she got the memories of Percy and her meeting up for the first time. 

With Percy bumping into her, and them both getting a drink as Percy kindly got her a new top and a fast ride to her second court hearing. 

It's hard not to think about Percy.

Everything reminded Ava of him.

She gripped her coffee cup tightly.

But what she was told put a hold on their relationship.

How could she live with what she was told?

It didn't seem like a Percy thing to do but the source is reliable with physical proof.

So it's true...

...right?