Chapter Thirty-Four

A/N did anyone guess Thomas as a demigod? I have been leaving signs everywhere in this book! His godly parent might not make sense at first but I will explain it!

I also have written all of these chapters in advance so if you do have any ideas or advice for the next chapters, I probably either would have written it already or it will be quickly published after this comes out.

Anyway, Enjoy!

[Author note made 5/07/2021]

Context Warning: Swearing

Third POV

"W-What?" Emily stammered, unable to believe it "You are?"

"Yeah" Thomas expressed, sounding awkward "I don't really like advertising it, my mother isn't the best person"

"If she's an enemy of my mother then that's interesting as my mother doesn't have a lot of enemies" Ava stated as she stood up "Well, of her good side anyway"

"Who's your parent?" Emily asked, sounding shocked. Her face had a look of betrayal on it as Ava helped her up, leaving Percy on the floor. He seemed to be staring at the ground, in a daze.

"And why didn't you tell us? Tell me?" Emily finished, upset.

Thomas sighed, looking down.

"I already knew Percy was a demigod" Thomas stated "He is a legend after all...and I know he would not have been pleased with my...parent"

"I don't judge people on their parents, I only judge the person themselves" Percy expressed, out of breath, making everyone look to him. He still feels like there is something heavy on his chest "But there was something else, isn't there?"

Thomas didn't leave his eyes from the ground.

"I know this aura, it's similar to my mother Nyx's, similar to my own" Percy stated, looking at the young demigod curiously "You're the son of Oizys aren't you?"

Thomas only nodded.

"Who is that? I don't recognise her name" Emily asked, making Ava look at her.

"Oizys is the Greek Goddess of misery, anxiety and depression" Ava said softly.

Emily turned back to Thomas, who was still looking to the ground, now swinging his right leg slightly. 

"W-wait...w-what?" Emily stammered.

Thomas sighed, finally looking back up at the family.

"My powers aren't great, but I've have worked around them" Thomas expressed "Normally my powers draw upon the negative emotions for power, but I do it for good purposes"

"How can you do that for good purposes?" Ava asked.

"He can drain the negative emotions right?" Percy stated, theorising "I have always felt a strange calming presence around him, now it makes sense"

"That's right" Thomas stated "I also worked out that I can not only take away the negative emotions but if I an concentrating, can amplify the good ones"

Emily widened her eyes as memories of their hugs flashed in her mind, and how she always felt strangely calmer after them.

"That's why you always hugged me when I was nervous, you took the anxiety from me" Emily stated, making Thomas nod.