𝟎𝟎𝟖❦

.・゜゜・  ・゜゜・.

・゜゜・  ・゜゜・.

.・゜゜・  ・゜゜・.

you open the door to be tackled by your best friend.

"UGH, I MISSED YOU!!"

you throw your head back in laughter. "kaoru, i've been gone for less than 2 hours."

she raises her eyebrow. "huh? i didn't mean YOU. i meant YOU!"

and she grabs the bag of chips from your hand. "i've wanted you ever since i saw you at the store last week!"

she smushed the bag up to her face. "how i've longed for you!"

you roll your eyes and walk past her. "yeah, don't thank me at all for getting them."

she laughs and hugs you from behind. "Y/N, YOU KNOW I WAS JUST JOKING!!"

"yeah, yeah, whatever." and you had a small smile on your face.

kaoru then proceeds to drag you to the kitchen as katsuki heads up the stairs to his "friends."

"sooooooo?"

you look at her confused. "what?"

she grabs your shoulders and shakes you. "what happened?! did y'all kiss?!"

you cover your mouth in shock. "WHAT?!"

kaoru shushed you. "shhhhhh, just tell me what happened!"

you shake your head. "kaoru, nothing happened, besides i don't like-"

"y/n."

your eyes meet hers as she has a stern look on her face. "look me in the eyes and tell me you don't like my brother."

you gulp. "i- uh,"

the eye contact doesn't break until you dart your eyes away. "i don't like him kaoru..."

"you looked away y/n. why's that?"

your heart starts to palpitate. you never expect to confess your feelings for your best friend's brother to your best friend right at this moment.

however, you could see where she was coming from, while kaoru told you everything, you were a different story and she knew that.

you never learned how to trust people. you even keep the closest people to you at a distance, that should they leave your life, you knew you could put yourself back together in due time.

it was how your brain was wired.

kaoru was always the persistent one, and you had no problem with that. you knew that one day you would have to tell the truth. you couldn't hide it forever, no matter how much you wanted to.

"cause... i- uhm, i like him. i've liked him for 6 years now, kaoru."

even though your voice came out like a soft breath, kaoru heard everything and smiled.

"i knew you did."

you let go of the breath you held.

to let go of something you've been holding onto from the closest person in your life for 6 years was a challenge.

a challenge you finally overcame.

"yeah, i guess i do like him."

kaoru wraps her arms around you and whispers. "and there's nothing wrong with that. he's not a bad person you know?"

you laugh. "yeah i definitely know that."

"BUT 6 YEARS?!"

you shove her off of you and slap her shoulder. "OH, SHUT UP!"

(a/n: sorry for the really short chapter, i just wanted to get done with the sleepover arc.)

»»——⍟——««

My best friend's brother is the one
for me.