𝑳𝒐𝒔𝒕

May 4th 1998

And so I picked at my skin and starved myself from sleep. Only dressing in big, baggy clothes and rarely doing my hair. My appearance not even slightly bothering me. I bit my nails down , until blood dripped from my finger tips. Drank more water than the ocean could possibly hold. But the tears never came. I layed in bed with my peeled lips and broken soul, pondered on how I got here. How it got so bad so quickly. How our time ran out so easily. So abruptly. Like the wind in the shallow sky. And though this was everything I could think about , I didn't have an answer. I sunk lower into my cold bed. Once there next to me has been a presence . A presence so warm yet cold. So addictive yet so repulsive. I had absolutely no idea what to do with myself. The numbness was so frustrating.

That night I got out of bed and opened my window. I felt the cold midnight air hit my body. Reminding me that I'm alive. Reminding me that despite everything I've been through, everyone I lost, I'm still here. Alive. Truthfully I wish I could talk to you. But I couldn't. And I knew that. So I went to the only being I know wouldn't leave. I whisper to her, the universe, and told her all the things in my mind. Though it took a while for her to respond. I sat with my legs dangling out the windows for hours. Maybe I was just sleep deprived. In fact, I probably was. Or maybe the wind blew a little too hard against my home. But she whispered back

,,There is beauty in simplicity".

And though I was sure my heart was broken inside of me, I knew that she was right. That night was quiet, simple. And for the moment, I was okay.

-
Hello yall. Before anyone gets confused, no you haven't skipped a chapter or anything. This is a chapter from "the future." The next one will go back to the present and it will play along up to this specific chapter. This will be a Rollercoaster, but I'm begging. Don't jump to conclusions yet:)
!! Also, I wanted to give credit to @onlyforyoursoul on tiktok. She is the one that gave me the opportunity to use her amazing poems in my story. I have slightly changed it but it's still hers, so feel free to check it out;)