𝑫𝒆𝒇𝒆𝒏𝒅𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒉𝒊𝒎

,,You're my favorite place to go to when my mind searches for peace."- A

-

Y/N's POV

His lips were like a brush and the marks he was leaving were his dark shades of colors.

And I would've let him paint my whole body over and over again. But faith had other plans.

Truthfully, I'd like to believe that it was for the better. That whatever was coming, stopped us from doing something stupid.  Something we both would regret.

The knock on the door broke us apart. His face was scrunched up in disgust, but if it was because of what happened-was about to happen or the painful fact that it was interrupted, it wasn't going to be revealed any time soon when the person's hand was on the  doorhandle trying to open the door.

My gaze fell on the doorhandle and when I looked back I wasn't expecting him to be gone.

Like he was never there to begin with.

How he did it- How he disappeared like that, the question was nagging at my brain. But I couldn't give it much thought when the knocking began again.

Eventually a voice followed-

,,Y/N?"

Parkinson

,,Are you in there we need to talk!"

Her voice made something snap in me and in just seconds I was swinging the door open practically growling at her with anger.

,,What Pansy? I'm busy."

Her face formed into one of annoyance before turning back to her normal arrogant self.

,,Someone's in a foul mood. I suggest you take that attitude outside because here, we'll be talking about the upcoming ball!"

I closed the door behind her with a groan after she practically walzed into my dorm like it was her own. ,,Listen Pansy I'm not going to the Masquerade ball."

,,Of course you are, we all are what are you talking about ?"

I debated if I should tell her that I'll probably be spending my time with the most dangerous person in school, but one look at her full off gossip like eyes, and  I decide against it. It wasn't that I didn't trust Pansy, she's been a great friend this past three months but I'd lie if I said she isn't a person that talks. A lot. Even if she isn't supposed to.

But now thinking about it , I've never thought about telling anyone about my almost daily midnight strolls to the Astronomy Tower.  Or how I'm slowly starting to to get attached to the person that could kill me if I ever cross a line.

Still, his actions make me think he might be falling into this comfortable routine himself.

,,I'm just not going- I don't feel like dancing and I surely won't be walking around in heels all night . Plus I don't even have a date." I lie, partially..

I haven't had time to socialize as much as I would've liked to and I've been avoiding any guy that has gave me a nervous look every day now. I might as well just spend my time with Riddle at this point.

,,C'mon now that's a lie. I've seen at least three guys that have tried to ask you out. You're just being stubborn and avoiding them. Hell,  even one of the Weasley twins looked like he would be popping up the question any time now."

Weasley? Why would one of the Weasley twins want to go to the ball with me? We've barely spent any time together besides the couple of minutes in the library or when we played Quidditch together. Nevertheless they weren't really my target.