Chapter 5 - Gregory POV

"To Duke Maxwell's villa! Hurry!"

I instructed the coachmen as I entered the carriage.

The thought of meeting Lucas Maxwell put me in a bad mood. But I'm more worried about where Allyssa might run off to this time, so whether I liked it or not, I must at least see that guy.

Since debuting into the society, Lyssa has always been the talk of the high society. She was a beautiful, high social status lady. The daughter of a duke. So it obvious that people would talk about her.

When we first debuted, I always worried about her. She can easily be the target of those vulturous men. I can't even stand the thought of men eyeing on her goddess-like beauty, much less the thought of men talking to her. So I asked her to always stay by my side. I want to protect her.

But it was a useless thoughts of an older brother. After all, she is Allyssa Reynold. I can't even compare to her.

It was always like that since our childhood.

I used to be jealous of her when I was little. Of course. She was better than me in everything. She was the genius of the century. If she had been born a man, she'd be the heir instead of me.

But I didn't feel that way for long, because I realized she was the one who cared for me the most. The adults were amazed by her talent, they paid more attention to her than me. But she always put me first.

When the adults gifted us anything, she'd ask me to choose first. If she knew I like a particular toy, she'd let me have it. If she found out that I had trouble studying, she'd patiently teach me until I can understand. She never made me feel that I was lesser than her.

But I knew she was better than me, so I studied harder. When I caught up to her at 12 years old. She suddenly stopped studying altogether. It was not a big deal because we already completed advanced education the level of an 18 years old.

She told our parents that she had enough, but deep inside, I think she stopped because she didn't want people, including our parents, compare us anymore.

That's how bright and considerate Lyssa was, behind her carefree and vivacious temperament.

That same Lyssa can become like a fish in the water in the social circles if she wanted to. But that year when we debuted, she held herself back because of me. And she let me protect her.

She was adorable.

But things changed the year after, when we turned 17 years old. And it was all because of a certain someone named Lucas Maxwell.

That womanizer was a bad influence. The moment they had made each other acquaintances, she picked up his bad habit. She started frequenting parties, socializing with the high socialites. She started responding to men who flirted at her, even let some of them courted her.

But what made me worried most was her unusual relationship with that Maxwell heir. I don't understand it at all.

At first it seemed like they were courting each other. It seemed that way on few occasions. But if they were courting, it was weird that he let her be courted by another man.

The rumors that he was a womanizer who sleeps around with women troubled me the most. To make things worse, she often spent the night at the Maxwell villa, and the prick also had shamelessly stayed overnight in our residence more than few times!

"Greg, stop believing that nonsense rumors!"

"Why are you even asking that, Greg?! It's a normal tradition for nobles to spend the night at another noble's house. Why do you think all the noble's mansions had dozens of guestrooms?"

"What I did with Luke is my business!"

Whenever I asked anything related to Lucas, or even mentioning his name in front of Lyssa, an argument will surely erupt.

I hated seeing her angry face. So, at one point I stopped asking her anything related to Lucas Maxwell. Since I started training to become the aide of the crown prince, Julius, the quality time with my family became less, so I thought it was better to spend it discussing pleasant topics.

But it didn't mean I stopped being concerned. I was always suspicious when Lucas came to spend the night. Of course he'd stayed in a separate guestroom, but he will spend most of his time in Lyssa's room.

I had a very bad feeling that they're not just sitting on the couch, sipping some tea. But I always stop thinking further. My brain refuse to think about it. I wouldn't want Lyssa to think about what I've been doing with my fiancé, Emilia. But I had a very bad feeling that they've done it.

"Hahhh."

I sighed.

I arrived at the Duke Maxwell villa. It was not a social season. So the only people in the residence were Lucas and his servants.

The butler ushered me into the reception room. Lucas greeted me not long after.

"What a rare uninvited guest we have here. Welcome, Gregory Reynold, the heir of House Reynold. To what do I owe you the pleasure?"

"Shut up, I don't need the pleasantry. Where's my sister?"

"What?"

"You hear me, where's my sister? Is she here? If not, where'd she go?"

"Wait, wait. What happened to Lys, I mean Allyssa?!"

He looked utterly confused. It didn't seem like he was acting.

"Seriously? Don't you know anything?"

He looked back at me with anxious blue eyes. Damn it! He really did not know.

I told her about Allyssa. About the letter. I told her everything that had happened this morning.

I saw his facial expression changed. Shocked. Anxious. Worry. I knew it, but I did not want to admit it. He really did care deeply for my sister.

As I got ready to excuse myself, an aide suddenly entered the reception room.

"We found out what the purple paper was, my lord."

I raised my eyebrows. What's so important about a piece of purple paper that can make an aide urgently interrupt a meeting with a guest?

The aide fidgetily looked at Lucas and I alternately, gesturing that he wanted to talk with his lord in private. Lucas was clearly irritated with him.

Well, it's understandable. The news about my sister who suddenly disappeared without telling him anything must've shocked him greatly. Not that I care about his feelings.

Coming here was a waste of time. I definitely thought that this man knew some information on where Lyssa might go. I was wrong.

"Just spit it out, will you?!!"

Lucas shouted impatiently.

"Er... It was... a pregnancy test paper.. The color purple mean-"

Hearing the words 'pregnancy test paper', Lyssa's sudden disappearance and the suspicious letter suddenly made sense. My body moved on its own.

Panggggg!!!

I punched his face as hard as I could. But as expected of a swordmaster, he didn't budge much. His head slightly turned. My knuckles hurt so bad, but I ignored it. I was enraged.

I want to kill this man!!

"My lord!"

Lucas' aide was holding me back before I could lunge another punch.

"What have you done to my sister?! Hey!! You imbecile!! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!"

This barbaric man! What have you done to my sister?!

You were the reason she ran away!!

I saw the expression in face started to change. He was slowly smiling.

The bastard was smiling! How dare he?!

"BASTARD!!"

I shouted at the top of my lungs.