Chapter 9 - Oscar and the Magic Tower

I'm currently leisurely lying on a sun lounger by the balcony of the Magic Tower's 12th floor. The sea breeze was neither too warm or too cold. It relaxes me.

I sipped on a glass of lemonade.

Aahhh... So refreshing...

It's winter. And I'm at the northwest coast of the continent. Who would've thought it is possible to have this pleasure here?

"Ally dear... Are you really sure about the letter?"

For the fifth time, Oscar asked me again.

He was standing in front of the sliding door, looking down at me with his concerned droopy amber eyes.

"Just send it off, please. It have to arrive at the Reynold's residence by tomorrow noon. Please, Oscar... It's a piece of cake for a genius magician like you!"

I made a cute pitiful face at Oscar. It works every time.

Oscar sighed, looking defeated. But his gaze was warm.

It was easy to take advantage of this man's affection.

"Of course it's as easy as pie for me! Who do you think I am? I'm Oscar, the Master of Magic Tower's Successor!"

He said that with a proud face.

"But this letter! You literally are luring your own family into the heart of war! I don't know what you're thinking!"

"Just send the letter, I'll explain to you once you've sent it. Stop nagging, mom! Go away, you are ruining our mood!"

I gently caressed my lower abdomen.

"You're driving me nuts! You're lucky I love you!"

Oscar was at loss for words. So he stopped talking. Then, his whole body slowly faded until it completely disappeared.

He teleported so effortlessly. Other magicians might just bite their own lips enviously if they saw that. Only magicians can teleport without using a teleporter. Even so, it required a lot of training, a very complicated magic spell, and a massive amount of mana. But Oscar doesn't need all of those.

He must've already reached South Kingdom's north border city by now. He need to send the letter to the post office from there so my family will believe that I was definitely in South Kingdom.

Post offices in this world were similar to my previous world, except that instead of posting letters via air mail, they send it through the teleporter instead. So all letters will have the stamp from the origin teleporters.

I recalled the night I ran away.

A day after contacting Oscar, I received his reply. As I expected, he happily cooperated with me. We planned to meet at the outskirt of Eos. It had to be away from any magic-related device, so that Oscar's mana won't be detected. So of course I can't meet him in my house.

I told Sarah and Glen everything. My situation. The babies. Everything.

They are with me for many years, so it only right to tell them that I'm going to run away. I trusted they will never tell a soul the truth. But I was quite surprised that they both chose to follow me instead.

"Of course I'd go with you! How could I ever leave you alone with your condition? What can you even do by yourself? What if anything happens to you and your children?"

Actually, I can do a lot of things, Sarah. Previously, I even raised a son alone, while his father was busy groping his subordinates' booties. I was not the average noble daughter you think I am, you know! And in this life, I have some connections.