Chapter One Hundred Two

Later that afternoon, after Olive and George had snuck back to meet their friends with the hopes they didn't notice they were gone, everyone sat in a circle in the soft grass of the pitch.

Fred had fallen asleep hugging his beater's bat, and Ron was trying to see how many blades of grass he could balance on his forehead before he woke up. Harry, Ron, Ginny, and Hermione sat in a small circle next to the eldest twin and talked quietly amongst themselves.

Olive and George sat cross-legged across from each other. The latter of the two was trying to tie little blades of grass into a chain. The Ravenclaw was writing in her notebook, but was finding herself becoming happily distracted watching the ginger work in total concentration.

After more clouds had sent a grey haze over everything, including blocking the hot sun from the castle grounds, she could see the sunburn that had pigmented his freckled face in a layer of pink.

"You're sunburnt." She told him, tucking her pen behind her ear as he peeked his eyes up at her.

Playfully, she reached over and poked his cheek, laughing when the skin paled a bit from the touch before quickly returning to its burnt pink. George swatted her hand away before she could do it again, breaking his little grass-chain in the process.

"Oh, no." He fake-pouted, "I broke it!"

Olive looked down at the small chain that had fallen into the grass, an idea popping into her head. She took out her wand and racked her brain for a certain Herbology spell. After a moment, she whispered the spell, and the torn grass-chain turned into a much sturdier, prettier chain of sweet pea and daisies, knotting the ends together to form a circle.

She picked it up and handed it to him, her heart warming at the look of awe he gave her.

"What?" He looked amazed at the chain of flowers, "How did you do that?"

The Ravenclaw shrugged, "Maybe if you paid attention in Herbology last year you would know."

George stuck his tongue out at her, "Wow. Rude."

However, he placed the crown on top of Ollie's head anyway, smiling at how she looked.

"Is that what you wanted to do this whole time?" She asked, a blush reddening her cheeks as she reached up to adjust the flower-crown on her head, "You're really sweet, you know that?"

The ginger eyes the crown, "Yeah, I know... but now I'm kind of jealous of the one you made."

Olive conjured another one, and like he had done to her, placed it on his head. George smiled sheepishly, gently touching the flower crown with both hands.

"How do you feel?" She asked him, laughing at his adorable reaction.

"Like you. Pretty."

Her heart fluttered in her chest. It amazed her how sweet George could be when just an hour before they had snuck off under the quidditch stands to snog the way they had. For a moment, she found herself speechless, allowing the flush in her cheeks to color the roots of her dark hair.

Olive picked up her notebook again, and under the admiring gaze of her boyfriend, continued to write. However, no matter how enticing her current story was, she couldn't help but get distracted by the look he was giving her.

"What?" She asked him, "Is there a bee in my hair?"

"Not anymore." George shrugged, throwing his hands up in defense when the Ravenclaw gave him a panicked look, "I'm kidding, there's no bee."

"Then why are you staring at me, George Weasley?" She asked him.

"Am I not allowed to?" He asked her sweetly, "I like watching you write."

"You do?"

He nodded.

Olive had a slight urge to grab George by the collar and drag him back underneath the quidditch stands. However pleasing the idea seemed, she knew that they had to head back inside soon for dinner. They didn't need any more distractions today, especially since everyone was getting a little hungry.

She held her gaze with him for a moment, fighting the urge to laugh at how adorable he looked. The flower crown she had given him brought out the new scarlet hue on his cheeks, giving him a semi-permanent blush.

"Who's staring now?" He asked her, ripping a handful of grass from the pitch and tossing it in her direction. The grass fell around her for a moment like snow, and Olive had to spend a few moments extracting a few pieces that got caught in her curls.

Olive just shook her head, feigning annoyance, as she went back to her notebook. Now that she knew that George was going to be staring at her, she was able to focus herself without being distracted (aside from the part where he would scoot closer and closer to her every so often, wanting to be even closer than they already were to each other).

She was able to write a few more paragraphs before everyone decided that it was time to head in for dinner. The sun was starting to get low in the horizon, telling them that it'd be dark before they reached the castle. Olive grabbed George's hand and let him pull her to her feet, keeping their hands intertwined as they began the twenty-minute walk back.

"We should do this more often." Fred suggested sleepily, brushing pieces of grass off his face as he glared over at Ron, "Tomorrow?"

"It's supposed to rain." Hermione said, containing her laugh with the rest of the group. Even though he had ran a hand down his face several times, one piece of grass was still stuck in the center of his forehead, "All day."

Ginny groaned, "Really?"

Hermione nodded.

"Well that puts a damper on things, doesn't it?" Harry asked no one in particular, his voice holding a hint of bitterness and sarcasm. According to Hermione, he had been this way ever since they got back to Hogwarts the previous day. Apparently not everyone in Gryffindor House believed in him and Dumbledore despite what the papers said.

They spent the rest of the way walking in near silence. Everyone was tired and hungry from spending the day running around outside in the sun, their cheeks and shoulders burnt from the sun (the Weasley children seemed to be more burnt than the rest of the group because of their very fair, very freckled complexion).

Olive kept her hand comfortably in George's, and despite the quiet they still managed to send each other knowing looks. Both of them still wore the Ravenclaw's flower crown creations, which Fred was trying really hard not to make fun of them for.

It had been quite the perfect day, and quite frankly, no one wanted it to end. The next day was Sunday, their last day before classes. If it was supposed to rain, that meant that today was their last day to spend out in the warm weather with no work or responsibilities. Ollie wished that they had been able to spend more days outside as they had been over the summer instead of being cooped up in 12 Grimmauld Place.

Besides, something told everyone in the group that it would be a while before they got to have a day as carefree and relaxed as this one.