Chapter Seventeen

"Come in."

Professor Lupin flicked his wand towards the door, causing it to unlock and open slowly. The professor sat back down at his desk, adjusting his brown shabby jumper as shy Olive sheepishly wandered further into his office.

As she walked inside, Ollie took note of the professor's office. It was small, but rather comforting. Besides the usual desk and chair, with two or three chairs for visitors in front- to the left side of the room sat a small table and two chairs- not the most exquisite set up Ollie has seen, but it reminded her of the small flat she lived in with Missy.

"Good evening Miss Lark." Remus said, motioning towards the chairs in front of his desk, "Please, sit. Tea?"

Taking a seat opposite of the professor, Ollie nodded her head, "Please."

With the flick of his wands, two small tea cups filled with warm steaming tea floated onto Remus's desk. He handed one to Olive while keeping the other to himself.

"Now... I know you had some skepticism about Sirius Black-"

"Professor," Ollie interjected sheepishly, fidgeting nervously with her notebook, "I... I know you were friends with him... and my sister... and Harry's father during school."

"How did you figure that out?" Remus questioned.

"I kind of pieced it together..." She trailed off, not meeting the professor in the eye. Olive didn't know what Lupin would do if he found out she was meeting Sirius Black in the woods every other weekend, giving him supplies and chatting with him. Maybe he didn't exactly know the truth about the situation.

"Miss Lark... you aren't one to lie... Tell me; what's going on?"

Ollie shifted uncomfortably in her chair, unaware that her hair was slowly changing color to show her nerves.

"Sir... I'm not exactly sure I can tell you."

"And why is that?"

"I don't know if you'll believe me." She admitted, looking the professor in the eye with her cobalt blue stare. Remus Lupin studied her for a second, trying to figure out what she was getting at.

He, of course, knew that Missy and him had swore never to tell Olive any of what happened. Missy Lark didn't tell little Ollie about Remus, or Sirius, or James, or that rat Peter. They didn't want Olive to have to worry about anything- the girl already suffered enough social anxiety issues.

"Miss Lark, I can promise you 100% that whatever you tell me won't leave this room, as long as you are honest with me." Professor Lupin offered softly, sensing Olive's nerves.

The Ravenclaw girl looked up shyly, wondering how she would be able to word this. All year, she only spoke with Professor Lupin to answer a question in class if she was called on- or if they passed by each other in the corridor. That's all Ollie really spoke to anyone besides Nat, Cho, Cedric, or even the twins.

This was going to be hard for her to do.

"I've spoken with Sirius." She said in a soft voice, rattled with nerves, "A lot."

Remus tensed up quite a bit. He knew Sirius was around the area- he was the one who helped the fugitive get into the castle. But he thought his best friend left after that for the winter.

That's what Sirius had said to him.

"Did you now?" The Professor responded simply.

"Yes." Ollie squeaked, paling slightly at his response.

"I'm not going to turn you in, Olive, if that's what you're thinking." Remus chuckled, "I know Sirius is innocent, but what you are doing is extremely dangerous."

"I-I know..." Ollie sighed, "But he needs food and supplies... I've been providing him some."

"How do you get to the Forbidden Forest without anyone noticing you?"

Ollie paled a bit more, fidgeting with the notebook in her lap nervously. She didn't think that Professor Lupin would ask her that.

"I-I-"

"Olive, it's okay."

In her chair, Olive morphed into the black cat, watching the Professor with her wide blue eyes. Remus seemed a bit taken back by her quick transformation.

"You know it's illegal to be an unregistered-."

"I'm a metamorphmagus... an extreme metamorphmagus..." Ollie told him, "Sir... please don't tell anyone... I just thought it was a dog at first... and it ended up being him- but I didn't want to just let him fend for himself-"

"Miss Lark." Remus cut off the rambling girl, noticing her shaking hands, "I'm not mad at you, and I'm not going to tell anyone at all. I just want you to be careful- because this is some dangerous business you've gotten yourself into. Sirius greatly appreciates everything you've done for him."

Some color startled to return to Ollie's face as she listened to Remus.

"Thank you, sir."

"You're feline secret is safe with me." He smiled, "Now I'd go back to your common room before Filch starts his rounds. Have a nice night, Miss Lark."

Getting to her feet, Olive nodded, giving the professor a warm smile.

As she got to the door, she stopped, turning her head to face the professor.

"You're secret's also safe with me, Professor."

Remus sat frozen in his spot as Ollie walked out of his office, closing the door behind her.

How did she figure out that he was a werewolf?

Remus chuckled to himself, not even upset about the fact that she knew. He trusted that Ollie wouldn't tell anyone, because Remus promised to keep her secret as well.

"I guess she's more like Missy than I thought."