✴❈.♥𝕊𝕔𝕣𝕖𝕨𝕖𝕕♥❈.✴

"𝐈 𝐀𝐌 disappointed

"𝐈 𝐀𝐌 disappointed. But I'm sure you knew I would be when you left on your own. Without telling me." Sara said coldly, as soon as the two were home. 

Soo Won only looked down at his feet in shame. 

"Look at me. How can a king hide such a thing from his wife, the queen?" She walked towards the vanity table, starting to take off her jewelry. She glared icily at her husband through the mirror. 

"I-I'm sorry, really, I am. I promise not to do it again." Soo Won looked up at Sara, tears in his eyes. 

"Why are you crying? I should be the one with tears running down my face." 

The king quickly wiped his eyes, sniffing. "I-I thought that you would be mad..."

"Huh? You thought that I would be more angry at you visiting a town to save it from corrupt merchants, than you hiding such a thing from me? What goes on through your brain? Huh? I thought you were supposed to be the one leading this kingdom." Sara angrily slammed her necklace down onto the table, scaring Soo-Won. He flinched in fear. 

Seeing that, Sara sighed and calmed herself, rubbing the bridge of her nose tiredly. "I'm going to sleep in a different room. I can't even bare to see your face right now. And you know what? Now that I think about it, the Sky General told me something about you hugging a woman under your cloak. He even said he could see some red hair..." She sneered in twisted fury. 

"I-I was going to tell you! But we didn't say or do anything of importance..."

"You brainless fool. And have you thought of whether or not a villager had seen you? Do you know how detrimental it would be to our progress, if a rumor about the current king with a wife, was having an affair with the exiled princess, the queen's sister, was spread? Do you understand the consequences your immature and impulsive actions could cause?"

Soo Won sat shaking on his knees. "I-I understand..."

"Are you certain? Because it didn't seem like you understood when you acted out and failed to inform me of your actions." Sara looked down at the man with cold eyes, and he shivered. But his body felt hot, as if something was being stirred in his stomach. 

"We will speak more tomorrow. I will sleep in the room across from this one. Good night." She spoke at his silence. 

"What? No!" Soo-Won immediately let out a shout of protest, leaping forward to cling onto Sara's body. "You can't!"

"Let go." She tried to shake him off, but to no avail. 

"I swear I won't do it again, I won't! Just please sleep with me!" He shut his mouth quickly, however, when he realized how that sounded. 

"You're walking on thin fucking ice, husband of mine." 

"I-I meant on a bed! Sleeping-like with eyes closed! Um..."

Sara almost spit out a laugh. The awkwardness with his words was so unlike the usually poetic and smooth man. But she kept a straight face, and sighed again. 

"Then I shall sleep on a separate bed." With that, she stood up and firmly pried the man off, setting up a new bed and climbing under its covers. Her eyes closed immediately, and she fell into a deep slumber, all her fatigue finally catching up to her. The added stress caused by her husband's deception made her even more tired than when she completed her paperwork. 

Soo Won still sat in his former place, frozen. He would most likely get a slap if he tried to climb into the bed with Sara, and he didn't want to anger her any more. But when he imagined his wife slapping him, Soo Won suddenly felt a shudder go down his spine. Why was he thinking of such things when he was in the worst situation a husband could be in? 

"Your thoughts are loud. Shut up and go to sleep." Sara called from where she laid. 

"R-right. I'm sorry." And so for now, Soo-Won slept on his own bed, filled with both fear and a slight, twisted excitement for the verbal abuse he was sure to get tomorrow. Which he absolutely deserved, of course.