❣︎☾ℙ𝕒𝕤𝕥𝕤.☽❣︎

𝐒𝐨𝐨 𝐖𝐨𝐧'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

𝐒𝐨𝐨 𝐖𝐨𝐧'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

𝐀𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐈 spoke those words, there was a heavy silence in the room.

I was scared. Scared of what her reaction might be, what her expression would be. Would she hate me? Would the woman I love hate me for murdering her father? That was fine, then she wouldn't get hurt. I would deserve it anyway.

Until out of the blue, I heard her soft laugh. Stiffening, I stared at her as she continued to laugh, until it turned into a full blown heartless, and empty laugh. 

Then, she stopped.

"I was wondering when you would say that." Stunned, I simply stared at her more.

As I started to collect myself, I was able to stutter out a "what-..how-why..-you-...what?" To which Sara only smiled.

"You want to kill my father, yes?" I nodded. "I knew you would desire that. Is it for revenge?"

When I heard that question, I tensed. "And how," I growled "would you know that?"
"Curiosity killed the cat." was what she said. 

What? Seeing my confused expression, she continued. "When I was little, I would hear stories about the great General Yu Hon-" here I stiffened again. "And his conquests. Back then, I was different. Reckless, naive, almost like Yona. I wanted to meet this great man, and his son, Soo Won." Here she paused, and looked at me. "The son of Lady Yong Hi and General Yu Hon, this boy would be a perfect friend.

I wanted to meet this boy, and become best friends. I was always alone. You see, Yona was always with our father. She was the perfect princess, father's favorite little daughter."
This part Sara said bitterly. I never knew she felt like this. I thought she had a perfect relationship with her family. It seems I was wrong.

"During those times, I was kind. No matter how bitter I was, I always hid it behind a perfect cheerful mask. But I was still naive. I thought my father would pay attention to me if I became stronger, If I impressed him in other ways. I trained with the Generals, and visited the tribes. I became stronger. I prepared for the moment I could meet the great General Yu Hon, and train with him, and impress him.

I had it all figured out. I thought, if I impressed the General, he would tell father, and then father would pay more attention to me. After all, they were brothers. Or so I thought. Oh how mistaken I was. After a few months, the stories about the General changed. They were no longer stories about glory. They were stories about his death."

My stomach dropped. Looking at Sara, I saw how murderous she looked. 

Patting the spot next to me, I gestured for her to sit. "Thank you." She said. 

After a few minutes, she started to continue.

"One day, I asked father if he knew anything about the rumors. 'They're just that.' He said to me. 'Just rumors.' Foolish me believed him. Although he didn't pay attention to me, fathers are still fathers. Perhaps, I thought, he's right. But I still heard those rumors. About how somebody murdered him. Murder? I thought. The great General murdered? By who? And so I asked around, and many said different things. Poison in his cup. Killed in his sleep. Killed by a mob. Suicide. Pushed off a clif." Looking at me, she then said "Killed by his son."

I felt dizzy. People had the nerve to say such things? Such absolute rubbish? I felt fury in my chest. I bet it was the King who spread that rumor. Silently, I nod at her to go on, which she did.

"What most of them said, though, was murdered by his brother. I didn't believe it at first. Who would kill their own family? I wouldn't kill Yona! And after a while, curiosity got the best of me. I knew father kept a journal where he writes secrets, so I decided to sneak into his room and read it. Foolish I know, but I was so curious.

I did it at night. While everyone was sleeping, I snuck into father's room, and quietly found the journal. I read only the part about the General, as I was in a hurry. What I read made my blood run cold. Father had murdered the General, and for what? According to what he wrote, he murdered the General because he was jealous. Jealous of his power, of his strength. Jealous because Yu Hon had a son, while the King had two daughters. Jealous because Yu Hon had a beautiful and kind wife, while his was dead. That made me furious. How dare he leave a son all alone? Because-oh yes Soo Won. My devil of a father not only murdered the General Yu Hon, but he also murdered his wife, Lady Yong Hi.

In my hurry to get out of there, however, I knocked over an ink bottle on his desk, which covered the journal. I didn't notice this, too busy running back to my room. The next morning, I was called to the throne room, and made to sit on my knees. As punishment for my insolence and disrespect, I was whipped 10 times. Not only that, but he also threatened to kill Yona if I didn't obey. "