Chapter 50: A changed Arthur

"I'm glad you remembered me!" Arthur gave me a smile, and I smiled back at him. He looked a lot happier than the last time I saw him. That's a change I can get behind.

"I don't think I would be able to forget you,"

"I don't think I'm able to forget you either, I mean after all," 

"You saved me," he whispered as he grabbed both my hands and pulled me closer. His eyes were the same odd color of cream, but now they were filled with earnest and commitment, maybe even . . . love?

"I-I-you don't have to thank me for that. I was only doing the right thing,"  I took a small step back. 

His eyes told me he didn't buy it, but he let me go.

"You should with me, we have a lot to catch up on,"

"I would love to, but I hope you don't if I bring along a friend," I turned back to Scarlet. The poor girl was being ignored.

"Sure, anything to make you happy,"

We followed behind him to a table at the edge of the dinning hall, once again being stared at by everyone.

Scarlet leaned towards me. "Um Maria, who is he exactly?"

"He's one of my childhood friends. I just helped him with some family issues," That was an understatement, but I didn't feel like explaining everything this early in the morning.

"I think he wants to be more than friends," she whispered, and I just tried not to sigh. 

Breakfast went smoothly considering the company. Arthur talked my ear off about useless things, while I just wanted more information on how much I missed. But it wasn't the place, so I ended up leaving with non of my questions answered. 

We were all on our way to class when Arthur pulled me aside.

"Can we meet in the gardens after class?" his eyes looked hopeful, but also fearful. 

Against my better judgement, I said "I would love to,"