Chapter 28: Water-fall

I continued to walk down the stairs, my only light being the stones on the cave wall.

"I wonder if the waterfall and stones were natural, and they just added the staircase."

The steps kept going down and down and down. I figured that the walk was about as long as the one I take to see Theodore.

"I hope wherever this takes me, it'll be worth it like Theodore was." I thought right as my foot slipped.

"Ahhh!" I screamed as the world tumbled around me. I kept rolling down and down  and down the staircase, until I felt something falling under me, and then water surrounding me.

"NO! Not again not again not again!" I screamed as the water started to fell up my lungs.

But then, the current became weaker, and the water shallowed out. I took a huge gulp of air once I stopped moving.

*Pant* *Pant* I  gasped as I lay down in the water, feeling my body shaking.  I felt tears falling down my eyes, and wiped them away. I looked down at my hand and saw blood.

My eyes widened, and looked into my reflection in the water to see where I was bleeding. I had a cut on my left cheek, another above my nose, along with some marks which will turn into bruises.

My hands weren't much better, as one of my knuckles was bleeding. I couldn't check underneath my sopping wet clothes, but I could feel that the rest of body was also banged up.

I slowly, slowly, got up, and looked around. I was standing in a small pool of water from the waterfall, and the staircase was only a few feet away from me.

But that was it. No other passage to go to, no amazing thing that was worth all the pain. Just  . . . nothing.

"This can't be it! It wouldn't just end like this, the what would be the point!" I screeched.

I desperately tried to find another secret by hitting the wall, but all I got in return was my other hand throbbing.

"Ow. Great now I need to get back up to the manor with a bruised body in sopping wet clothes." I grumbled, and I fell to the ground.

I sat there for a moment, listening to the calmly flow of the waterfall, before getting back up again.

"It would take me too long to go by foot . . . but there is another way." I thought.

I started to chant the spell Mr. March said was too advanced for me, and I disappeared.