going home~edmund

requested, although i love this idea!!

•─────────✧✦✧─────────•

you and lucy walked out of the supermarket carrying armfuls of what seemed to be the worlds heaviest groceries.

"where along in that shopping trip did we lose your brother?" you asked her.

"no idea, but i do believe i know where he will be"

you both rolled your eyes, knowing he will definitely be trying to get enlisted into the army again, to that dreadful war that seems to be going on forever. it'll be over by christmas they said, but they didn't say which christmas.

you have been living with the Pevensie family for years now. you had never knew your father and your mother had passed in an oh so tragic train wreck when you were 7. since she and mrs Pevensie were old friends, she took you in as your mother had no living relatives. cliché right?

you had then moved into the professors house when you were 13 with lucy, susan, edmund and peter due to the air raids. you were one year younger than susan, two years younger than peter and one year older than lucy. this year was the first ever time you were taken to narnia.

one year later you had all been taken back to narnia at the train station, because a prince had called you back. a prince!

now it was one year after that. you and edmund were 15 and lucy 14. you haven't heard word from narnia ever since you left, but you knew not to look because aslan said you couldn't intentionally find it. 

you, lucy and edmund now had to live with their aunt, uncle and spoiled little cousin eustace. it wasn't your ideal living situation but you couldn't complain as you had your best friend and boyfriend. yes, boyfriend. mr i don't think i'll ever understand love is your boyfriend. it was a shock to both of you when you first kissed on the day the three of you moved into the scrubb house. of course lucy found out and she was so excited because she apparently always thought you two were meant for each other. then one day eustace found out, and of course he hasn't let it go since.

back to present day.

you and lucy marched into the office, you tried to hide behind her as much as possible because these particular men from town are either too nice or too disgusting. 

you heard edmund talking to the man behind the desk. 

"edmund!"lucy shouted, making him jump. "you are supposed to be helping us with the groceries"

then all the men instantly burst into laughter. edmund rolled his eyes and walked towards the both of you. you turned around and tried to get away from the office as fast as possible, drowning out all the unpleasant things the 'men' were shouting at the three of you.

"couldn't you have waited until i left?" edmund asked lucy.

"not like it would of worked anyway" she retorted.

lucy then got distracted by a couple talking by the off license. a young girl and a soldier. the girl put her hair behind her ear, an obvious flirting technique, and both you and lucy imitated her, you absentmindedly.

edmund noticed you both at the same time, "what are you doing?" he asked, turning to were you were looking. thankfully the couple had departed, that would've been embarrassing.

"nothing" you both said in unison, but lucy sounded a bit more panicked. 

"come on," she said. "we need to get back soon. uncle harold will have my head if the soups not ready in time for dinner"