~caspian~

blood mentioned in this chapter!! please skip past if it makes you feel uneasy.

you had been fighting him for hours. you felt yourself getting tired, but caspian showed no sign of exhaustion. you made the mistake of letting your guard down for a split second, and you let him have the upper hand.

he pinned you back, both of you panting hard. he was digging your hands into the hard stone wall while the other was pressing the cold steel of your own dagger to your throat.  

"i thought you'd be more of a challenge, you've worn out since we last met y/n" he spoke into your ear, you could feel his smirk. you have to bite your lip now while thinking of something to say, you have a habit of blurting out stupid things.

"and i thought you never hesitated to kill cas, or is that the superior kings?" you managed to get out, feeling proud of your remark because you made his smirk disappear. 

caspian pulled his head back, but kept the dagger firmly in place. you looked into his familiar eyes, but instead of the arrogance and pride you normally saw in them, they looked lost. he had a blank look on his face. maybe what you said was out of line?

realising he would never do it himself, you pushed yourself into the dagger, feeling the droplets of blood escape your skin. it hurt, but not as much as the look in his eyes. you thought all he needed was a slight push.

"do it cas. come on. kill me. you've wanted to for years. don't back out now"

"stop it" he spat.

"why? isn't this was you wanted?"

instead of replying, he took the dagger away and smashed his lips onto yours. shocked, you kiss back and it feels like the whole world has fallen into place. you had never hated caspian all these years. you weren't envious of him for being king, for being able to lead countries and save people. you admired him, although you had too much pride to ever tell him that. it was different now. you knew how you felt. you were in love with him.

he pulled back. "if i knew that's all it took to shut you up, i would have tried it years ago."

"watch it. i'll still kill you" you spoke while staring daggers at him.