13 - What about what you want?

Percy, obviously, shut up.

"Mph—" he started to push away, but there was a part of him that didn't want to stop. His sadness, miraculously, lessened. He didn't feel so alone anymore as he gently started to kiss back.

Apollo's lips against his felt so, so right against his. The way they moved, gently tugging at his lips, the way Apollo tilted Percy's chin up so he could kiss the son of Poseidon deeply... Percy was drawn in. He moaned softly, everything felt so, so, so good. So right.

Apollo was doing this nice thing with his chin, moving his head up and down, in a motion that Percy wished he would continue forever. He moaned again, and kissed the sun god harder, gaining more confidence as Apollo broke away for one sec, pressing their foreheads together.
"Oh, gods, Percy..."

The sound was glorious. Percy leant in again, reconnecting their lips.

He opened his eyes just a crack, to see if Apollo's eyes were open. Out of the corner of his eyes he spied Damasen smiling proudly and sneaking out the back door. Smiling against the sun god's lips, Percy closed his eyes once more and melted into Apollo's arms.

~~~

Holy shit. Holy shit. Holy. Shit...take mushrooms-

He was kissing Percy Jackson. Apollo's heart felt like it was running a marathon, and winning. Hearing his sea glass moan slightly made Apollo want to kiss him even harder, go even farther. But he didn't want to rush things. He moved his lips in sync with Percy's, enjoying the feeling of euphoria that the kiss had induced. He felt like he was riding a wave, on top of the world. And yet he'd never felt so grounded. Another breathy moan from Percy caused Apollo to moan too, and together they lay on Damasen's couch, a mess of muffled moans and gasped breathing.

~~~

The thought of Annabeth made Percy pull away.
"'Pollo, I can't..."
"You can't?" Apollo adjusted his shirt, which Percy didn't even noticed he had tugged up so the God's tanned abdomen was displayed. "You can't what, Percy?"
"I can't do this!" Percy cried, feeling tears well up in his eyes as his throat became closed up. "Not so soon, not after her... she wouldn't want me to do this. She'd want me to wait, I was going to wait-"

"But what about what you want, Percy?" Apollo's voice was harsh as he took Percy's hands. Percy hated what that small display of affection did to him now, his heart sped up and his breathing quickened and if he could only look away from those so, godsdam blue eyes...
"If you could, for once in your life, stop being so fucking loyal to others and focus on yourself... di immortales, Water Boy." Apollo groaned, and put his head in his hands. "If you don't want me, then don't lead me on. If you're still coming to terms with kissing another guy, let me know later. We can continue on as normal, but I can't help you accept me. I can't help you accept yourself. I used to like someone. He said he loved me too, he said that I was the one, but every time we spent time together I knew he'd rather be with someone else. Kissing someone else. I can't deal with that again."

Percy's heart felt like it was shattering all over again, just like it did when he held Annabeth's hand as she took her dying breaths. All this time, Apollo had been in pain too. It was selfish of him to believe he was the only one with heartbreak. "I want you." He told the sun god, voice low and firm. He needed Apollo to understand. "Fuck, I need you, Sunny. But I also need some time, okay? Can I give you - us - a rain check?"

Apollo frowned. "Percy..."

"Please." Percy quickly leant in and gave Apollo a light peck on the lips. "Just some time."
"You'll be the death of me, my sea glass..." Apollo muttered. Percy smiled at the sun God's red cheeks as he laced their fingers together, and then let go.

"Thank you."

~~~

They'd left Damasen's hut soon after, Percy giving the giant a big hug and Apollo giving him an awkward glance. The sun god's heart still pounded from kissing Percy, the feeling of being able to hold him in his arms and kiss him causing his arms to twitch in longing. But he knew he had to respect Percy's boundaries. They had a job to do, a world to save, a titan to kill. And Apollo understood that the demigod needed time to heal over Annabeth's loss, too.

That didn't stop the longing, the lust that made it almost impossible to stop himself from reaching out, and pulling Percy into another deep kiss. One that would make him forget all about Annabeth, forget all his pain. Apollo wanted to make Percy feel so much pleasure he forgot his own name, forgot how to speak, forgot how to do anything but allow himself to stay in Apollo's arms.

It was at that point that Apollo knew he'd willingly die if it meant Percy was safe.

The air around the two got thicker and warmer. "We must be getting closer..." Apollo thought aloud. His breaths were shaky, like his legs, and the sun god finally allowed himself to feel all the fear he had bottled up since the minute the quest was assigned.

"You okay, Sunny?" Percy asked, stopping to look over Apollo with concern in his eyes. "You just stopped dead..."
Apollo cleared his throat. "I'm fine, Percy. Let's keep going, so we can get out of here sooner." If we get out of here at all, a voice in the back of his mind said hauntingly.
The son of Poseidon merely nodded, and kept walking. Apollo followed soon after, taking deep breaths to try and numb himself like he was before. He should have known - giving in to the fear was a stupid mistake. Now Percy probably thought him weak.

The air got thicker and hotter, and soon it was near impossible to breathe. Surely there wasn't too much longer until the finale?

(1034 words)

hehehe
y'all vote A or B
that will decide the fate
(I'm not tellin what they mean btw so don't try)

Also should I do a Q&A with the characters? Lmk in comments or PMs hehe