110

“Anran… You… You should be careful!” Chu Yao observed Lu Anran’s expression and silently guessed that Lu Anran has believed her words. After all, Yue Ningshan was Lu Anran’s future competitor in the business world, so it was totally normal if she (Yue Ningshan) does some underhand tricks. Also, Yue Ningshan was their senior in school. It was typical for her to look down upon Chu Yao and Lu Anran who have made a display of their abilities. Her words were so convincing that Lu Anran found it very hard to believe it was all made up.

“Got it.” Lu Anran nodded, and as she spotted a sparkle of smugness in Chu Yao’s eyes, she curled her lips up in a smirk before putting on vexed expression. “Actually, I asked you to come over today to tell you something that has been weighing on my mind!”

“What is it?” When Chu Yao heard that Lu Anran wanted share with her her worries, Chu Yao’s face lit up in joy. Does this mean she has fully regained Lu Anran’s trust once more? Are her days from the past going to come back? She still have so many things she has yet to buy!”

“It’s like this.” Watching Chu Yao’s expression, Lu Anran said, “You haven’t been to my house recently so you don’t know. The son that my father adopted before he disappeared has returned, he’s called Lin Haosheng.”

“Oh? Is that so?” Chu Yao’s heart was beating very quickly when she heard Lin Haosheng’s name.

“The person I wanted to talk to you about is this Lin Haosheng.” Lu Anran said, “He’s handsome, and quite gentle…..”

As Chu Yao heard Lu Anran praised Lin Haosheng, a pleased look appeared on Chu Yao’s face. For her, to hear compliments raining on the man she has chosen, it made her feel more joy than someone praising her!

“But….” Lu Anran suddenly changed the topic, “I just found out that a marriage has been arranged between us since young.”

“What?” Chu Yao said stunned, feeling as if she has just dropped from heaven to hell in an instant. “You are kidding!”

“Why would I lie to you ah!” Lu Anran looked at Chu Yao’s expression and knew immediately that she did not know this. Her plan was to get rid of her arranged marriage agreeement with Lin Haosheng and Chu Yao was the best tool for this. Recently, she has read many psychology books and thought of multiple ideas to counter Chu Yao. Lu Anran was well aware that as long as nothing unexpected happened, she could definitely hold this weakness over Chu Yao and pull off her plan successfully! With a second chance at life through reincarnation, she has absolutely no wish to marry Lin Haosheng again.

“How…How can this be….” Chu Yao felt as though she was punched heavily by someone. She never expected this… She has never heard Lin Haosheng mentioned this before ah!

“That Brother Haosheng seems to be very statisfied with this arranged marriage, and has been treated my mother and I very well, but I don’t feel anything towards him eh…what do you think?” Lu Anran gazed at Chu Yao. Her face looked troubled but her eyes were sharply pinned on Chu Yao’s face, catching every expression that passed by.

“I…. I think….” Chu Yao clenched her fist, pretending to be calm, “I think you should choose to marry someone you love!”

“Yeah! I also feel the same way, but Mom said that feelings can be cultivated….” replied Lu Anran.

“What’s there to cultivate!” Chu Yao said implusively, and only to realise that her tone was not good after it popped out of her mouth. She coughed and said, “Anran, I… I’m also worried for you ah! You might be unhappy at my thoughts! But I think that cultivated feelings are not real and sincere, real feelings are not gained through cultivation, but rather love at first sight! I think that Lin Haosheng is not suited for you!”