128

“Nothing much.” Ji Rou answered vaguely. “Just asking. After all, us mother-daughter are having a heart-to-heart talk!”

“I have no interest in Young Master Long.” Lu Anran lowered her head and murmured. “I’m going to return the gift tomorrow.”

“Mm.” Ji Rou nodded and reached out to pat Lu Anran’s head. “Anran, tell Mom if you are tired.”

“….” Lu Anran gazed into Ji Rou’s eyes. “Mom. I’m not tired.” She was not tired, would never be tired, and could not afford to be tired. She must never get tired! The enemies were like tigers and leopards while the moles were like jackals and wolves. She could not relax her guard even for one moment. Not even one second!

Ji Rou had many words to say but she did not know where to start. Secretly, she entrusted her hope to her husband. If Young Master Long managed to find Brother Hao, and bring him back home, their family would definitely be able to endure it all. At that time, Anran would not need to work so hard.

Lu Anran spent the night in Ji Rou’s room. The next morning, Lu Anran dressed neatly and headed to the Long Residence with Lu Anhu.

When they reached the Long Residence, under the guidance of the residence’s bodyguards, Lu Anran and Lu Anhu entered a study on the west side of the ground floor. As they pushed open the door, they saw a casually dressed “Young Master Long” sipping his tea as he read the newspapers behind the black wooden desk. When he noticed the presence of Lu Anran, he stood up and extended his hand, “Eldest Young Miss Lu, long time no see. Please, take a seat!”

“Hello.” Lu Anran politely shook hands with “Young Master Long” and then sat on the closest chair. “Thank you for the gift yesterday Young Master Long.”

“You’re welcome.” “Young Master Long” smiled and said as he returned to his seat. “Does Miss Lu like the gift?”

“Hurhur, I’m here because of that.” Lu Anran took out the gift box from her handbag and placed it in front of “Young Master Long”. “Thank you Young Master Long for your good intentions.”

“….” “Young Master Long” did not have any reaction nor expression upon seeing the gift box. Instead, he gently touched the back of his ear and after receiving instructions from the built-in receiver, “Young Master Long” replied, “Miss Lu doesn’t like it?”

“Accept no undeserved emolument. Anran feels that she has not done anything to deserve Young Master Long’s present.” Lu Anran smiled and said, “Still, thank you Young Master Long for your good intentions.”

“If Miss Lu does not like this present, I’ll prepare another one and send it over another day.” “Young Master Long” replied smilingly. “Until Miss Lu is satisfied.”

“…..” When Lu Anran heard “Young Master Long’s” words, she could not help frowning. “No need. Anran does not want to be misunderstood by others. Although Lu Corporation is not as influential as the Long Corporation, we still have quite a bit of prestige in S City. To be honest, Young Master Long’s behaviour has placed me in an awkward position.”

“I’m really sorry to have caused Miss Lu so much trouble but I hope Miss Lu is aware that I have no ill intentions.”

“As long as Young Master Long understands.” Lu Anran smiled lightly.

“I think that perhaps Miss Lu has misunderstood.” “Young Master Long” said, following the voice in the built-in receiver. “My behaviour was for the sake of protecting Lu Corporation. Long Corporation Shopping Mall has been built and this time, we have especially selected five businesses. Among which, Lu Corporation has attracted the most attention. It can be said that Lu Corporation is the bellwether of these five businesses. The entrance of businesses is a win-win business collaboration for me and you, however to those well-established businesses that were already there, Lu Corporation’s presence is too much of an eyesore. My action this time was just a temporary deterrent to protect Lu Corporation. Since y’all have paid me, naturally, I will protect y’all!”