5| I Missed Her

Y/n POV

I walk down the steps of my apartment and get to my mailbox. It has mostly advertisements or bills, nothing that concerned me. Money was definitely not an issue with the job I have.

I return to my room and grab my phone, seeing several texts spammed by Jennie, my best friend. She was the only person I told about my job, we actually both applied to Drinks Affair.

The texts were all about her coming over and usually I wouldn't let her come over since I was soo tired, but it wasn't too late and I wasn't as tired. 5 p.m.

I responded and shortly after she was banging on my door. I opened and she was pushing past me to my fridge. As she was rampaging into my food, I sat down on the couch and watch her. "You let me come over this time, what's going on?" She asked finally as she sat in front of me with some left overs.

"I always let you come over," I lie while batting my eyes at her. "Mhm," she responds sarcastically while focusing on the food in her hands. "So how's work?"

I sigh, "Same old men who are trying to get in my underwear during every shift." I reply trying not to talk too much about the job. "You can't handle that, Y/n" She says, "you get grossed out when people hit on you and you get defensive."

"My job is to serve not to get sexually harassed." I say, but she ignores me. "You see, that's why they should've hired me. I can handle it and I like the attention anyways." She grins. Although she says it lighthearted, I can feel the tension from her not being accepted into the nightclub.

I decide not responding is good since that conversation never ends well with her. "So have you met any guys lately?" I ask, changing the subject. She looks at me and read my face.

"No, just one night stands." I nod, "Any good ones?" I say, internally laughing at myself for even asking. I don't want to know, but Jennie has always been someone who has been active... in that.. area.

"Well, I only sleep with hot guys, but most of them have been bumming me out. They lack-" Her arms reach out in circular motions. "Umph."

We burst at laughing and continue our dirty talk until she unleashes a question on me. "So how has your virgin life been lately? Having any urges while working around hot rich men that will literally buy your virginity? "

My eyes widen, "Shut up, I told you that none of that stuff matters to me. I'm not looking for a relationship or someone to sleep with." I say. Jennie likes to use that against me, but its not like it's anything to be ashamed of. I was never interested in anyone to be that close. "Plus, I've been really busy, I don't have time to have sex."

She crosses her left leg over her right and leans back, "Just have a quickie, just get it over with or something. It's no big deal once you've done it." I shake my head. I don't plan to have sex anytime soon. Family was always my top priority and when I moved, my job became it.

My phone buzzes in my pocket and I check to see the I.D. "Who is it?" Jennie asks, I know she knows who it is. "Work, they want me to come in early." I say staring at the text message from my boss. "Oh," She says starting to stand up.

It felt awkward to ask her to leave, but thankfully she understood and started to walk out. "You know I love you," I say. "Yeah enough to kick me out," She jokes. I laugh lightly, but no matter her tone, it won't be a joke.

She steps out and waves goodbye before I close the door and start to get ready. They want me there before 7:30 p.m. I look at the clock hanging on the wall in my kitchen. 6:46 p.m. I have to start to change my clothes and do my makeup.