Chapter 12 - Instructions

Wednesday 8th July

Louis Tomlinson woke up feeling warm and rested. He stirred, eyes fluttering open as the events of the night before came back to him.

Harry was snoring lightly, his chest rising and falling in a deep, slow rhythm.

Louis' breath caught.

It had been so long since he and Harry had last touched, and Louis marvelled at the feel of his smooth skin beneath his fingers. He idly drew small patters on Harry's chest, eyes fixed on his sleeping figure.
Louis thought that he was the most beautiful person he'd ever seen.

He looked back up to his face, eyes meeting those of green.

Harry smiled, a soft, sleepy smile.

"Morning Lou."

Louis chucked.

"What?" Harry asked, his face puzzled, a blush spreading over his cheeks.

"Nothing." Louis replied. "I just forgot that your voice can go deeper than it already is." He teased, smirking up at him. He watched in amusement as Harry lightly flared his nostrils.

Harry brought his hand up and flicked Louis' nose causing him to whine and swat him away in protest.

Harry leaned down, unable to stop himself, and gave Louis a soft kiss on the cheek. It was brief, but the gentleness of the kiss made Louis' heart ache slightly.
His nerves stood on end as he turned to brushed his lips against Harry's.
He lingered.
Not wanting to pull away, he rested his forehead against Harry's.

Harry looked as if he was going to say something when a knock sounded at the door.

Louis winced.

"Louis, you up mate?" A male voice called from behind the door.

He cleared his throat, trying to remember how to speak, earning a mischievous smile from Harry. "Um yeah. What's up?"

"Liam got a text from Paul, we need to talk to you." Zayn replied, his tone nervous.

"Okay Lad. I'll be there in a second."

"Oh also," Zayn paused. "Have you seen Harry? Don't worry, we're sure he's fine but he's not in his room."

Harry pressed his lips together, smirking as Louis turned a deep shade of red.

Louis shot him a glare, eyes pleading for an escape. Harry merely placed his hands behind his head and watched with a smug expression.

Bastard.

"Um. It's fine. He's. Um. Here. He's in here. With me." He stuttered, words tripping over each other as he waited for a response.

"Thank God. Okay." He called back.

"Wait..." Zayn's voice rose and octave and Louis could've sworn he heard his eye bulge out of his head through the door.

Harry started laughing, the sound rumbling in his chest as Louis continued to glare at him.

"We'll be out in a minute Zayn." He called, growing more embarrassed and frustrated by the second.

"Okay. See you in a second." Zayn said quickly before rushing off.
Louis listened to his retreating footsteps, dropping his head into his hands as Zayn no doubt ran off to tell the other boys what he'd just found out.

Louis turned back to Harry.

"Thank you so much for your help." He shot, crossing his arms.

Harry huffed a laugh. "It's fine. They would gossip no matter what. Sometimes they're just as bad as teenage girls."