Chapter 18 - On the Road Again

"Oh for fucks sake." Louis hissed, rolling onto his side.

Hearing a light laugh, Louis abandoned his attempt to sleep. He shuffled out of bed, pulling his curtain back before walking unsteadily to the back of the bus. He collapsed, rather ungracefully, onto the large saffron red sofa with a disgruntled groan.

"Can't sleep?" Harry asked, his voice clearly amused.

"Not with that dickhead snoring his tits off." Louis complained, gesturing vaguely to Niall's bunk bed.

Harry laughed. "Yeah. I couldn't sleep either. Forgot how noisy he was."

Louis tipped his head back, glancing up, an amused smile tugging on his lips.

Harry was lead next to him, propped up slightly by an elbow, his hair messy and clothing ruffled.
Even sleep deprived Harry, he had to admit, was absolutely gorgeous. His emerald eyes seemed to sparkle as Louis met his gaze, his features soft and open, for once.

"Should've brought ear plugs." Louis groaned, rearranging himself slightly so he was resting against Harry.

"Indeed." Harry agreed, bending down to plant a soft kiss on Louis' forehead.

Louis sighed, closing his eyes slightly.

"What?" Harry asked, his face becoming an expression of concern and confusion.

He sighed again. "Nothing, just..." he bit his lip. "We should really have a proper conversation, you know..." he trailed off, lowering his voice and speaking quietly. "about where we stand."

"Where we stand?" Harry echoed.

Louis felt him tense slightly and rested a calming hand on his arm, drawing idol patterns over his tattoos as he spoke.

"Yeah. Like what are we?" Louis asked apprehension lacing his voice as he refused to meet Harry's eyes. "Because, don't get me wrong, I love you and I know we don't need a label but I..." Louis stopped talking abruptly, eyes slightly vacant as he stared at a fixed point on the wall.

Harry stayed quiet, his breath hitching slightly.
"What do you want to be?" He finally asked, his tone cautious but calm.

'Well, we're certainly not just friends." Louis stated rather unhelpfully, face burning with a heavy blush. He mentally cursed himself for being so damn socially awkward at times.

Harry raised his eyebrows. "Oh really? Why's that?" He teased, trying to keep a straight face as he watched Louis squirm.

"Well..." louis started, face breaking into a wide grin. "Could a friend do this?" He asked, boldly pressing his lips to Harry's.

The kiss was soft - to begin with - but by the time they broke apart they were both breathless and wide eyed.

"Um... no?" Harry breathed in question, trying to calm himself as he stared into Louis' eyes.

"So..." Louis encouraged.

Harry sighed, smiling slightly as he shook his head.
"Lou, will you be my boyfriend?" He murmered quietly, gazing at him with love and maybe a hint of exasperation.

Louis beamed.
"Maybe... I'm not sure... I'd have to think about it." he picked his nails absentmindedly, schooling his features into a mask of indifference.

"Dickhead." Harry hissed. Reaching down to tickle the smaller man.

He squealed loudly, batting Harry's fingers away with a hand.
"Yes, you knobhead. Of course I'll be your boyfriend." He choked out, his breathing mildly uneven as he tried to catch his breath.