Chapter 38

I woke up with a sore body and a long groan left my lips. My eyes blinked and I starred at a white ceiling. There was an annoying beeping and it took a few minutes to realise I was in a hospital. I vaguely remember blacking out.

Conner!

I sat up, slower than I intended, removing tubes from my body. I placed my feet on the cold tiles of the hospital floor but I wasn't phased. The lose green nightgown I wore let chilly air on my skin but I wasn't phased. The cold never bothered me anyway.

I stumbled across the room and out the door, inhaling the scents looking for Conner's. It passed here hours ago. The hospital is quiet which was weird. Weren't we from a war? I knew we were still in Blood River pack. That much was obvious but how long have we been here?

I walked in the empty halls trying to find Conner's scent over all the smell of hospital. There were with a of Ash, Jace, Eve and Caroline here and there but I paid them no mind. I was dead set on finding Conner. I got a small wiff of his sent and I followed it.

It was surrounded by the smell of death and I feared the worst. I couldn't feel the mate bond, my senses were still numb in a way. I opened the door where Conner's smell was strongest. He was in a bed, his skin pale, his lips slightly blue and chapped, bags under his eyes, greasy unkempt hair and his beard had grown longer.

But he was alive.

Tears leaked from my eyes as I stumbled to him, using the frame of his bed for support. I moved, removing some hair from his face and kissing his dry chapped lips. He was alive.

I climbed into the bed with him which wasn't an easy task and lay my head on his chest. We were fine.

•••

"Gemma?" I opened my eyes and came face to face with Chase. I was still sleeping with Conner who hadn't stirred at all.

Chase looked horrible. He had bags under his eyes, sadness filling those icy blue pools. He looked tired. We all were.

"Hi Chase. What happened?" I asked.

"Well after you're incredible display of power, you blacked out. You and Conner were out for the past four weeks. You were together in the beginning but we moved Conner here where the machine to clean out his bloodstream of wolfsbane was. He got too much in his system to have survived but... miracles happen." Chase answered.

Wow. I've been out for four weeks.

"My babies?" I asked putting a hand to my belly.

"Healthy."

"You?" I asked. Chase run a hand down his face.

"We tried to save Riley, she didn't make it the night. I've kinda been a mess." He answered. I reached out and held his hand. "We had her funeral, wish you would've been there." He mumbled .

"I wish so too. Why did she save me? Why were you there?" I asked.

"We were fighting and she got this vision, it was the second time, first when I was almost ambushed by a group of rogues. It was a gift but it wasn't that strong. She saw you die and the werewolf world go into chaos and humans finding out we exist. So she..."

"Sacrificed herself. For me." I answered and Chase nodded.

I sat up and hugged him. He held me tight. "I'm so proud of the wolf you've become." I whispered.

"It's all thanks to you." He said with one last squeeze and he let go, walking out of the room.

He wasn't going to be the same. He lost two women in his life, me and Riley but the goddess has plans for him. I know it. The hunters aren't completely gone and some of them aren't bad.

The world needs changing and as the white wolf, that was my job to do but I wasn't doing it alone. I had Conner, my mate, Eve, Caroline, Ash, Jace and now, I had Chase too. Let's not forget the little munchkins in my belly. They were going to grow up to a better world. I would see to it.

I lay my head on Conner's chest. This has been a long five years. From when I run away at 16 to when I faced my demons at 21. I've had my ups and downs, my share of hurt and betrayal, friendship and most of all, love.

From a lowly omega to a Luna. I looked at Conner. I was His Gifted Luna, a white wolf and a soon to be mother.

A lot will happen in the years to come but what haven't I seen? I've faced death, pain, abuse and heartache. I've learned truths that have made me to the woman I am today. I've fought for what I've believed in and happily embraced the ugly world as it is.

And the one person I have to thank for all this is my mom. If she hasn't run away from Elias I wouldn't be here, with Conner even in this state. She protected me with her last breath.

I hope you're proud of me mom.

********
😭😭😭😭😭

It's done! The book is done!

Gemma's journey has come to an end. Wow. This was so beautiful wasn't it?

What have you thought of the book?

Leave comments!