~ Chapter 18 ~

Poppy didn't even resist when the rock trolls led her to her cage.

She hadn't spoken, not a single word since Barb had told her the logical truth; Branch was a hunter, and he had betrayed her. What's the point ? She had won, Branch had tricked her and Barb had finally captured her.

- Come on, get in there ! The rock troll growled as he pushed her into the jail.

She let out a squeal of pain as she was thrown to the ground. Two arms help her lift her up between the bars; familiar arms, seeming weak but still strong enough to protect his daughter; it was King Peppy.

- Poppy ! He exclaimed in his trembling voice, Poppy, what are you doing here? You should be with the camp ... you have to get out of here !

But she sighed; there was no more camp, no more freedom, no more hope ... it was all over, they had failed ... no, she had failed. Peppy hugged her despite the bars of the cage that separated them; Poppy wasn't even crying, she had already exhausted her tears… despite everything, the trembling words eventually came out of her mouth, and she told him about everything that happen in the last weeks.

- They took our pistols with the remedy in it, Poppy explained, releasing herself from the embrace, everything is ruined ...

She sat down in the dark, under the gaze of her father at a loss for words ... silence reigned for long minutes until the pink troll heard cries of rage in the hallway;

- LET ME GO ! I WANT TO STAY WITH HIM ! Maya's troubled sobbing voice screamed

Poppy watched in horror Trollex who was led into to the cage next to her… he was injured, fresh blood was bleeding from the wound on his fishtail. The zombie holding Maya used its hair to keep her from screaming and from struggling. A well placed blow and Maya suddenly freed herself from the grip of the troll rock.

- CATCH HER ! The rock troll screamed

But he was quickly cut off by the little troll's hair which propelled him against the rocky wall. Two more rock trolls came running to help him up as several more tried to grab the pop troll. Maya fought bravely, even trolls in the cages began to cheer her on.

- GO GET THE ZOMBIES ! A troll ordered before being hit by the little troll.

It only took a few seconds for three zombies to surround Maya, their red eyes staring at her as growls escaped their throats. One of them threw itself on Maya and pinned her to the ground, but Maya managed to free herself ... until a familiar grip grabbed her hands behind her back.

And Maya was unable to attack anymore.

This zombie, despite her red eyes and spiky hair; she would have recognized her even disguising as any "stoopid" creature ; it was Lee.

- L-Lee ... Maya started, let m-me go, please ... it's not you, y-you're not you ...

Lee raised an eyebrow; why did she feel like she knew this troll ? Surely her imagination, she pushed her towards a jail and Maya began to struggle. Despite everything, she was unable, unable to free herself, unable to hurt her friend ...

- Stop moving, the voice of the trolladian female threatened her, her particular French accent brought tears to the eyes of the troll pop, otherwise you will regret it.

Maya screamed her pain; and the scream seemed to hit the zombie hard, Lee stopped moving.

- Come on Partner, push her into the cage ! A zombie that Poppy recognized as Jonas ordered, laughing, Queen Barb want us nack for the concert !

Grunting, the lilac troll instead pushed her best friend into the cage with Trollex and slammed the door shut, before walking away.

- TROLLEX ! She exclaimed, Thank you… she whispered in Lee's direction.

And even though Lee continued to walk away, her sensitive ear twitched slightly; she had heard.

Maya rushed over to help Trollex sit down with Poppy's help between the bars; a long wound was on his fin. Poppy tore part of her cloak and gave it to her friend, immediately Maya took care of the king's wound as best she could.

- Hhh, it burns! Trollex hissed in pain, at least he was conscious.

- What happened ? Hickory asked in the cage on the other side where the zombies had just locked him up.

Even though she was busy bandaging the Techno Troll King's tail, Maya explained, fighting back tears of worry;

- Trollex t-tripped over a rock in the mountains and it hurt him badly ... then, hugging the troll fish against her, she added, I'm sorry, it's all my fault ...

But as Trollex slowly kiss Maya's tears for the first, Poppy shook her head, it wasn't Maya's fault; it was hers; it was she who had dragged them into the trap ! Branch had just brought more trolls because of her fault.

- Maya, it's my fault ... Branch tricked me ...

Everyone had a confused expression; what was the queen talking about ? Trollex was the first to speak;

- Poppy ... it's not Branch's fault ... where did you get this idea from ?

It was the pink troll's turn to be confused; Didn't he understand what Barb had explained to them?

- Branch is a hunter ... Poppy told them.

- A hunter ! Maya laughed, Poppy, all hunters wear trackers, it's the tracker we made to found the funk trolls'
spaceship that got hacked.

- But ... Branch ... Barb said he was a hunter ...

There was another moment of silence and Hickory spoke again;

- The hunters and zombies are trained to put their collar with tracker in them back on if they loses it ... Poppy, did Branch have a collar ?

A collar.

Poppy felt her heart skip a beat.

Branch ... he had a collar, she had taken it off him ... if he had been trained to go and put it back himself, why didn't he go took it when she took it off? Barb had told him that Branch was a hunter, it was the truth but ...

The pieces of the puzzle had just taken place.

Branch was a hunter ...

... But he had choose her.

From the start, Branch tried to protect her. And those words he had said to her ... it was the truth, he loved her, and he had never betrayed her ... Barb had believed that the tracker they had hack was Branch's!

- Branch didn't betray us ! He tried saved me ! She exclaimed, Branch chosed to protect us !

She got up and began to knock on the bars of the cage; There was no way she could stay here and do nothing !!

- LET ME GET OUT OF HERE !!

But the room was empty, the rock trolls were getting ready for the big concert, she smiled as she turned to her companions;

- Friends, plan two ! She then announced as she sat down to draw in the dust; they were going to get out of here!