Chapter 12

BROKEN DREAMS CLUB
☽ ✮ ☾

HOPE WAS IN HER ROOM, AS SHE HEARD SOMEONE COMING FROM HER WINDOW AND UNKNOWN FOOTSTEPS

HOPE WAS IN HER ROOM, AS SHE HEARD SOMEONE COMING FROM HER WINDOW AND UNKNOWN FOOTSTEPS. She quickly grabbed the intruder in a headlock, shoving a leg behind him, and threw him to the ground.

"JJ!" yelled Hope as she recognized the boy. "Don't sneak up on me like that."

JJ was on the ground grunting in pain. "I didn't know you would go full scary tribrid ninja on me" he complained, as he slowly got up. "Fuck that hurt."

"Can't you come by the front door as any normal person would do?" Hope asked irritated, crossing her arms. She wasn't going to apologize when he entered her room, by her freaking window like a creep. She thought it was her father's enemies coming after her to kill her.

JJ smiled. "Nah it's boring. Cute jammies," he noted as he winked at her.

Hope rolled her eyes at the boy. This made her remember Roman when he came into her room to manipulate her. Her mood immediately went down, which JJ noticed. She went towards her drawer, to grab some clothes.

However, when she glanced back at JJ, she noticed him looking at her magical prism curiously. Before he could grab it, Hope threatened him. "Don't or I'll tear your arm off." JJ raised his arms in surrender, smiling like an idiot.

"Don't steal anything or touch anything for that matter!" she warned him before going to the bathroom to get dressed.

"Okey-Dokie" JJ lied. He was a little kleptomaniac after all. Hope went to her bathroom and quickly got dressed. She put a bathing suit on, with a pair of shorts and a cute tank top. She brushed her hair and put on a bucket hat.

When came back from the bathroom, her eyes widened as she saw JJ and her prism falling from his hand.

"Les lames colligo. Ad me gluttuli." she quickly chanted stopping the prism from falling on the ground. "I told you to not touch anything," said Hope irritated as she put the prism back at his place, on her nightstand.

It was the only thing that helped her deal with her parent's death. She used it to talk to her parents. At first, she used to do drugs that could make you hallucinate someone you loved, she had found the ingredients for them in the Gemini coven grimoire. But it made her go crazy. Her magic became uncontrollable, and a tribrid like herself who could not control her magic was dangerous. She almost killed someone because of it. When Alaric found out, she received plenty of hours of detention, and her family was notified. They were disappointed in her so she promised herself she would never use those drugs again. Alaric gave her the prism instead, a healthier and safer coping mechanism.