Chapter 14

BROKEN DREAMS CLUB
☽ ✮ ☾

HOPE WOKE UP A FEW MINUTES LATER

HOPE WOKE UP A FEW MINUTES LATER. She realized from her surroundings she was in the pogues can, making her sigh. Pope immediately hugged her mumbling a "thank God you're alive"

"I can't die, Pope," Hope told her cousin, amused by how much cared about her.

"Yeah I know, but it was still super scary," told her Pope.

"How do you feel princess?" asked JJ, sitting next to the girl.

"Peachy," muttered Hope. JJ handed her a bottle, Hope took it, thinking it was water. She immediately spits out the drink JJ gave her, disgusted by its taste.

"Woah," said John B. "The Twinkie."

"What the hell is that JJ?" Hope asked angrily still feeling the taste of the drink.

"My special concoction for hangovers, some Milk, an eggs, lots of salt--I thought this would help---but apparently not," he said noticing Hope's angry stare.

"I fainted, I don't have a hangover JJ!" she yelled at the boy enraged. "I'm going to kill you." Hope then mumbled angrily, making JJ laugh.

He couldn't help himself but snicker at Hope's angry face, which made the girl even angrier. He put his hands up in surrender, chuckling. "It was just a joke!" he defended himself.

"No one's killing anyone. Why did you faint anyway? I thought you were powerful and shit?" asked John B trying to change the subject, and save his friend from getting his ass kicked by the angry tribrid.

Hope sighed. "Making several people invisible, you need like some sort of battery for that. To draw power so you don't exhaust yourself. I didn't have one, so I had to use it myself. It weakened me, hence the fainting." Hope explained. "And I also didn't have breakfast this morning thanks to someone," she said glancing at JJ.

"What's a witch battery? Like dead body and shit like that?" asked JJ.

"It could, that's sacrificial magic. I don't use it." well except for some dead animals sometimes, but she didn't mention it knowing Kiara would be upset by that information. She didn't want Kaira throwing a fit about protecting poor defenseless animals. "But it can be a talisman, a magical object, or another supernatural."

"Like me?" asked Pope curiously.

"If you triggered your curse one day yes," she answered. "But it's best not to. It hurts, a lot." Hope warned the boy. She didn't want him to be cursed like her. He could be normal, not a freak like herself.