6. The Party

My heart shatters at those words.

N: 'You played her?! Luke she is your bestfriend!'

L: 'Yeah, I know, I dont know if I'm gonna tell her or not'

N: 'I think you should, who dared you to do it anyway?'

L: 'Corey did, shes gonna be wondering where I am, I only came down for ice cream'

N: 'Your always hungry, you go up to her and decide what your gonna do, and your gonna need to do it too'

I hear movement and creep back upstairs. I get back into bed and pretend to be on my phone when Luke comes in.

L: 'Sure you dont want any food?'

I shake my head and look up at him.

L: 'Alright, so what do you fancy watching?'

I shrug.

Y: 'You pick, I dont care'

I lay down and turn away from him. He shrugs and mutters something, making sure you dont hear.

L: 'Suit yourself then,'

He puts something on and he opens his tub of strawberry Ben and Jerry's. I look up slightly and see hes watching To All The Boys I Loved Before. I sigh and he puts his spoon down.

L: 'Right somethings bothering you, its obvious'

Y: 'And? What if something is?'

L: 'Then, as your best friend, I take an interest and see if I can help'

Y: 'Dont want your help'

L: 'Ohhhh I know what this is about, it's about today with your parents'

I jump at the excuse and nod.

L: 'Look, if I could do anything about it right this precise moment then Trust me, I would, do you wanna go to sleep?'

I nod and he turns the film on low.
Instead of sleeping, I lay there just thinking and going over everything. I hear Luke get up and go downstairs and end up falling asleep.

☆☆☆☆☆

(Day of the party, 2 days later)

I burst out laughing and link arms with Sab.

K: 'Right, meet at the party tonight? What time does it start Cor?'

C: 'Uh like 6, meet there at half past, dont wanna part of the set up or pack up crew'

L: 'Right, so Blair should I drop you at your extremely toxic household?'

Y: 'Yes, I'll call you at like 5 when I'll come over'

Luke nods and we all say goodbye to each other. We see Michael waiting outside Luke's car and we go over go him.

L: 'Sorry bro, just discussing something with our friends'

Michael shrugs.

M: 'Yeah I saw, I wanna go to the party!'

L: 'Michael we went over this last night, your not old enough'

He folds his arms and sulky gets into the backseat.

L: 'Theres gonna be stuff that too old for you'