Chapter 7 - Pop Appreciation

The Next Day

Hey, Poppy.

We meet each other at last

Though, how did yo-...

Poppy wakes up with a gasp, sitting up her bed. She place her hand on her head, thinking. Was Branch talking to her face to face in her dream? Now that she realized, maybe they could. But she doesn't know where he lived, she never got the chance to find out.

She looked around, seeing she's in her pod. Sighing, she got out of her bed and grabbed a red ribbon and wrapped it around her hair.

After doing so, she grabbed the book labeled 'Branch'. After a couple pages turned, she started reading it. At first glance she can see nothing much happened. Until one sentence caught her eye. She reads it out loud, "I do know tomorrow would be pop appreciation day, right? Everyone are already setting everything up, and as usual, I had to help. But anyways, by the time that day would be over, you should be able to see the comet. I know you trolls love to see such thing in the sky"

The pink troll gasps in realization. "It is pop appreciation day!" she screamed, accidentally dropping the book. "Oops, hehe. Clumsy me" she giggled, grabbing the book and placed it back down the table.

Poppy quickly ran and jumped outside, using her hair to safely land to the ground. Looking around Trollstopia, she first notice the karaoke booth, then the sweets, and a lot more. All she knows that this day would be a great time with her friends.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At Branch's Home

"By this time, Poppy is already having a lot of fun. While I'm just here being a boring, lame, good-for-nothing troll" Branch sighed, looking at the mirror for once.

He grabs a red ribbon on the desk near the mirror, wrapping it around his hand next to his hug time bracelet. After doing so, a tear fell down his hand.

"..Seriously? Again?" Branch looked back up at the mirror, watching himself cry. He lets out a heavy sigh and wiped the tears away, then he had an idea in thought.

"What if I.." he looks at his survival bag from the corner.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later Near Night

Poppy was excited to sing in front of the crowd. This day only happens once a year. Each year just gets her so hyped, it always seem like she's in a sugar rush. But enough about that. Her along with her pop friends, Biggie, Legsly, DJ Suki, Satin, and Chenille got up the stage.

Seeing the group, every troll tries their hardest to quiet down and listen to their performance. The stage light dim down for only Poppy to appear on stage. She opens her mouth and started to sing.

When tomorrow comes,

I'll be on my own

Feeling frightened of

The things that I don't know

When tomorrow comes The stage light got brighter, showing the rest of the group joined in the song.

Tomorrow comes

Tomorrow comes

Some trolls started 'whoo'ing and whistling at Poppy and her friends

And though the road is long

I look up to the sky

And in the sky I found,

I lost hope that I won't fly

And I sing along, sing along

And I sing along

I got what I need when I got you and I Poppy motioned her finger on the crowd then herself.

I look around me, and see a sweet life

I'm stuck in the dark but you're my flashlight

You're getting me, getting me through the night

Poppy and her friends started waving around their hand up

Kick start my heart when you shine it in my eyes

Every troll put their hands up with a flashlight, waving it around.

Can't lie, it's a sweet life

I'm stuck in the dark but you're my flashlight

You're getting me, getting me through the night

'Cause you're my flashlight

Poppy turned to her friends, smiling at them.

You're my flashlight Her friends sang by themselves

You're my flashlight Poppy finished off

Everyone cheered at Poppy and her friends