Chapter 8 - The Comet

Later Night At Trollstopia

Poppy's friends waved goodbye and went back to their home. She herself decided to sit down the grass and looked up the sky.

"By the time that day would be over, you should be able to see the comet" She recalled what Branch wrote in the book, she tried looking for a comet up the sky. "What is he talking about? There's nothing up"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Popville

Branch was all alone, lying down at the grass to try and relax a bit. He wasn't in the mood to be with other trolls after.. what had happened.

A breeze of air rushed through his gray skin. Letting out a relaxed sigh, he closed his eyes for a bit and thought about her. He opened his eyes again and looked up the sky to see the comet being up close.

 He opened his eyes again and looked up the sky to see the comet being up close

His smile slowly faded to a slight frown. "It's as beautiful as her." he sighed. Half-dremily, half-sadly.

He takes a small inhale, and started singing.

Little do you know

How I'm breakin' while you fall asleep

Little do you know

I'm still haunted by the memories Branch gets a quick image of his late mother. He quickly wiped his tears the moment it came out.

Little do you know

I.. need a little more time

Underneath it all I'm held captive by the hole inside

I've been holding back for the fear that might change your mind

I'm ready to forgive you, but forgetting is a harder fight

Little do you know

I.. little need a more time

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Poppy looks was still staring up the sky, even she knows that the comet won't appear. All she was thinking was him.

I'll wait, I'll wait

I love you like you've never felt the pain

I'll wait

I promise you don't have to be afraid

I'll wait

Love is here and here to say

So lay your head on me

Little do you know

I know you're hurt while I'm sound asleep

Little do you know

All my mistakes are slowly drowning me

Little do you know I'm trying to make it better piece by piece

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Love you 'till the sun dies.. Both Branch and Poppy finished coincidentally.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Branch closed his eyes for a while, thinking about sleeping already.

"Hey, Branch?" a voice called him.

Branch opened his eyes to see his dad at the corner of his eyes. "Oh, hey dad" he replied as he sat up. "I thought you'd be hanging out with the other trolls, since um, it's the festival today"

Branch's dad sat down next to him. "That's not important at the moment" he replied with a smile. "So, how have you been?" he asks and looks up at the comet.

"Fine? I guess" Branch said. His dad looks at him, doubting. He noticed this and sighed. "What? I said I am" he pouted and crossed his arms.

"Well I mean, I didn't say anything" His dad laughed.

Him and his dad then looked up the sky, and noticed..

The comet started splitting apart.

Branch sat up. "Is that suppose to happen?" he asked.

His dad didn't reply and just locked his eyes on the falling comet, shocked.

And then they realized, it was going straight down to Popville, the two trolls couldn't react on time. They just stared up the falling comet and-

.

.

.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Poppy stood up from the grass and headed straight home. She planned on asking Branch of where he lived, so that they could talk to each other face to face.

But, ever since that day..

The switch between Poppy and Branch never happened again.