Chapter 9 - Search

Almost a month has passed ever since him and Poppy came to an end. The past days and weeks was just Poppy and the trolls enjoy their times. But after they call it a day, the pink troll usually go to her desk to an attempt to scrapbook Branch's home with memory. Hopefully.. just hopefully, the other trolls would know about this.

The next day, Poppy grab each and every scrap booked landscape she made and shoved it in her hair. She jumps out of her pod and noticed how many trolls were gathered together just to give her a goodbye.

"Uhh, what's happening?" Poppy asked Barb who approached in front of her. She also noticed how she have a backpack. "Andd what's that for?" she points at the backpack.

"What, you think you'll go on an adventure by yourself?" Barb replied, folding her arms.

Poppy blinked. "I thought I said to take cover for me while I'm gone and you agreed?"

"You did, and I did too" Barb said. "But on second thought that it would just be boring"

"._." Poppy didn't reply back and just walked away.

"Hey! Don't ignore me!" Barb ran next to Poppy. "You already know we're gonna join in your adventure"

Poppy stopped. "Wait.. what do you mean we?" Right to her left, she noticed Riff with a bag too. Sighing, the pink troll decided to just let them join in. "Just to let you know, this isn't a field trip"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Just asking, who are you looking for anyway?" Riff asked as he looked on Poppy's scrapbook.

"And how would you know this troll if they're not in Trollstopia?" Barb asked too.

"Well, this troll and I have some sort of special connection" Poppy said as she kept walking into the forest. "I never got to know where he lived. The only thing I know is the landscape"

Barb almost spat her juice, but instead chocked on it. "THAT, Poppy" she wiped her juice covered mouth. "Is not the most unbelievable thing I've ever heard"

"Good to know" Poppy shrugged.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Poppy, followed by Barb and Riff, went to the first village. Poppy asked each and every trolls about the scrapbook. While Barb and Riff just messed around in the background and explore.

"Poppy you've gotta see these mirrors! They're hilarious!" Barb laughed, moving around as she stared at the weird form of herself in the reflection.

"Hey hey how about this" Riff stuck his drumsticks in his nose.

"Riff, no that is disgusting" Barb flinched.

"I know" Riff frowned.

Poppy turned her eyes to the two trolls. "I thought I said this won't be a field trip"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After going through many villages, Poppy started to lose hope.

"This is a waste of time" Poppy admitted.

"What?!" Barb and Riff said in unison.

"Come on Poppy you're not the type of troll who doesn't give up" Barb encouraged, looking straight to her eye.

Poppy sighed. "Let's do a last stop before we go back home" she grabbed her backpack and started walking again.

The three trolls passed by a cupcake stand.

"Oh oh can we get cupcake a la splode?" Riff said, jumping excitedly.

Poppy giggled a bit. "Sure why not" she orders two exploding cupcakes.

Barb sighed a bit. "I honestly hoped we could've seen this troll. I wanted to see if he would be a boy toy or something"

"Fr?" Poppy and Riff blankly stared at Barb.

"I was just kidding jeez" Barb pouted.

Poppy reached out her backpack. "Yeah, if only I could meet him face to face. Or at least, see him one more time" she stared at her scrapbook.

"Simp" Barb whispered to herself.

"I heard that" Poppy glared at Barb.

"No you didn't" Barb said.

A female troll behind the stand looked at the pink troll and noticed her scrapbook. "Hey! Isn't that Popville?" she asked

"Huh?" Poppy turned her head to the troll.

"Yes! It sure does look like it" the female troll nodded. "Come check this out dad!"

The older troll showed up on the counter and served the two cupcakes in one plate. Barb quickly took it and gave one to Riff.

"Mmm, it is Popville alright" The older troll said.

Poppy's eyes lid up. "That's it! Popville! Can you show me where that is?"

Before Barb could even throw her cupcake up the air, she heard the conversation. "Wait.. Popville?!" she repeated

"What's wrong Barb?" Poppy turned to the red haired troll.

The two trolls behind the stand looked at each other. "She must not know that.."

"..That comet struck that village down" Barb finished.

Poppy's face turned upside down. She drops the paper, as well as her backpack. "What.."

Riff was able to finish his cupcake, and noticed the trolls were silent. "Did I miss something?"

See You TomorrowOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara