bonus chapter: attorney griffin

𝐅𝐑𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐀 𝐆𝐑𝐈𝐅𝐅𝐈𝐍 𝐍𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐒𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐂𝐔𝐓 𝐎𝐔𝐓 for law school, despite her deep longing to be a criminal attorney

          𝐅𝐑𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐀 𝐆𝐑𝐈𝐅𝐅𝐈𝐍 𝐍𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐒𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐂𝐔𝐓 𝐎𝐔𝐓 for law school, despite her deep longing to be a criminal attorney. So, going into her first day, you could imagine the abundance of nerves that overtook her. However, although it was a long, grueling, and tiring journey, Francesca successfully completed her three years of law school at the top of her class. Prior to her graduation, she had employment lined up at a firm as a prosecutor, and the upgrade from a paralegal couldn't have been sweeter.

         As her graduation approached, she intended for it to be a small event, a chance for her and some family and friends to celebrate her accomplishment over dinner. But, the girl should've known better, for dating Spencer Reid came with an abundance of praise and a surprising desire for extravagance. After what seemed like weeks of begging, Francesca finally gave into her boyfriend of now almost four years and his wishes to throw her a graduation party. With the help of the B.A.U., and specifically David Rossi's mansion, Spencer planned an excessive yet sentimental party for Francesca. The entire band of profilers, the whole Griffin family, Jasmine Flores, and Ingrid O'Malley were in the crowd as Francesca walked across the gigantic stage in Georgetown University's auditorium, whooping and hollering as the girl accepted her degree with a firm handshake and grateful grin. Once everything was wrapped up at the ceremony, the gang traveled back to Rossi's, where a fun and memorable night awaited them.

         It was similar to Francesca's congratulatory celebration following her acceptance into law school – tone-deaf karaoke, lots of food, and an array of drunk dancing. The guest of honor, though tempted to get wasted alongside her girlfriends, chose the dry route for her night; it was nice, in a way. Getting to laugh at everyone with a sober Spencer, that is.

         "I will never understand how Penelope can get shit-faced and still stand upright in her giant heels," Francesca leaned into Spencer. The two sat beside each other at one of the tables located in the backyard right before the dance floor. They looked out on the crowd of people getting their groove on, a hammered Penelope Garcia being the most noticeable as she flew between dancing with Derek Morgan and Savannah Hayes. 

         "Well, although coordination while under the influence is impaired, extremities vary from person to person," Spencer reasoned, welcoming Francesca into his presence by wrapping his arm around the back of her chair. "Garcia may just be one of the....lucky ones?"

         Francesca comfortably placed her hand on Spencer's thigh. "Does being a coordinated drunk really make you lucky, though?" she rested her head on his shoulder, slightly raising it so she could eye him.

        Spencer pursed his lips, unsure of what the right answer was. "Wow," Francesca sighed, detaching herself from him. "It took me four years, but I finally stumped you."