Chapter 10: An Unexpected Visitor

{This takes place two months after the previous chapter.

Episodes that have happened since the last chapter: Beauty Marked; Secret Weapons.

We do not own Danny Phantom or Percy Jackson, only this story and our original characters.}

      "Finally, it's spring break!" Tucker cheered as he walked out of the school building alongside Danny and Sam. "What are y'all's plans for the week?"

      Danny, Sam, and Tucker eagerly talked about their spring break plans. It was the Thursday before break, and they planned on hanging out all of next week, watching movies and playing video games. Danny hadn't heard from Thanatos since the previous week, so he assumed that the training schedule wasn't going to be any different.

      If only he knew.

      Danny waved goodbye to his friends before heading inside his house. "Mom, Dad, I'm home!" Danny shrugged off his backpack as he walked into the living room. "Is it okay if Sam and Tuck-"

      Danny froze dead in his tracks. His parents, Jack and Maddie, sat on the living room couch. Jazz sat next to them—though she appeared calm and relaxed, Danny saw the disconcerted look in her eyes. A tray of cookies and drinks sat on the coffee table. All of that wasn't what made him pause, however. What did was the fact that the wingback chair to the left of the couch was occupied by Thanatos.

      Thanatos' outfit was strikingly different from his usual attire. He wore a three piece dress suit with black pants and jacket and a golden vest; his wings were nowhere in sight. His white dress shirt was complemented by a vibrant red tie with a faint butterfly pattern, and a red poppy flower was pinned to his lapel. Thanatos' long curly hair was pulled back in a neat bun, and a few more poppies were tucked behind his ears. His open-toed sandals were replaced with poppy red leather dress shoes. Thanatos' solid gold eyes watched Danny intently as he stood in the entryway.

      "Tha-" Danny began, but Thanatos gave him a look warning him not to say anything.

      "Danny," His mom stood up and gestured to Thanatos. "This is Mr. Mors. From..."

      "Camp Delphi." Thanatos supplied.

      "And why is Mister... Mors here?" Danny asked, his vision drifting over to the frustratingly confusing god.

      "Why, Daniel, is it?" Thanatos stood and held out his hand to Danny. "It's a pleasure to meet you."

      "I... uhh..." Danny stared at Thanatos. What are you doing...? He thought as he took Thanatos' hand. "Nice to meet you too...?"

      Thanatos stepped back and gestured for Danny to sit down. "I'm Mr. Mors, a youth counselor at Camp Delphi in Long Island. It's a camp for troubled teens such as yourself, to teach you responsibility and useful life skills."

      "Wow, thanks," Danny scowled, plopping himself down next to Jazz. "Troubled teen, huh?"

      "It's nothing personal, Daniel. Your teachers have expressed... concern about your chronic tardiness as of late, as well as the rapid decline of your grades." Thanatos sat back down in the chair. "They reached out to the camp director and asked if there was anything that we could do to help you be the great student you once were."

      "They did?" Danny asked, surprised, but quickly catching onto what Thanatos was doing. "I mean- yeah, they did, I'm the worst student."

      "Now, wait just a minute, my son is not the worst student!" Jack said defensively. He stood up and shook his fist at Thanatos. "He's a bright and capable young lad, the school system is rigged!"