Chapter 19: Edward

•••

•••

"That's where Tony and I were leaving. It wasn't that fancy though," Irene chuckled as she observed the well expensive secured appartement building in front of her. "Back then we would never have thought such a building would exist one day,"

"I would have loved to meet you back then," Edward softly smiled down at her as they resumed walking. "Or were you still dating that Jack?" He teased.

"Tony, you little...," Irene muttered making Edward chuckled. Irene smiled hearing his melodic laugh.

"I heard you were head over heels for him," Edward stated.

"Well, I have to admit he was what we could qualify an handsome man," Irene said. Edward looked at her. "He was quite smart too-,"

"But a jerk," Edward cut off. Irene smirked.

"Jealous?" She teasingly nudged him.

"I do not feel quite happy about how highly you talk about your ex," Edward admitted.

Irene chuckled and stood in front of him. Edward was slightly pouting, avoiding her eyes. Irene giggled once more and cupped his face with one hand. Edward looked at her just at the moment she gently pressed her lips against his. But just before he could kiss her in return, Irene pulled away, making Edward realising an unsatisfied noise.

"You should know by now you are the only one for me," Irene breathed. "I will always choose you,"

Edward softly smiled and conected his lips back to Irene's.

"Irene Goodwin-Cullen, you are the love of my life," Edward said against her lips.

A year had passed since Irene and Edward got married. They decided to go on another honeymoon. That was how they ended up in London. It wasn't their first destination though. They went to Moroco, France, Agentina and now the UK. They basically decided to do another world tour. They enjoyed the first one they did before they got marries, when Irene wanted to see the world with her new eyes. So they figured they would go on another one.

"Where do you want to go now?" Edward asked.

"Umm? What about the Philippines? It has been a while I didn't go there,"

"Wherever you go, I'll follow you," Edward smiled and pecked Irene's lips. Her lips curved up into a smiled as she pressed her forehead against his.

"Mommy! Look, an ice cream truck!" A child cheered as she ran past the couple.

"Wait, Lily don't run!" The mother scolded as she sped to catch up with her daughter.

Irene looked at them as the mother carried her daughter in her arms and walked to the ice cream truck. The mother bought the bubbly child a chocolate ice cream and they left, chatting happily.