Chapter Nine

Davina's POV
(the next day)

~amyhossler posted a tiktok~

 Caption: @amyhossler: miss this girl @davinarichards ❤️

Caption:
@amyhossler: miss this girl @davinarichards ❤️

Comments:
@davinarichards: miss you too🥺

Tap for more comments...

(skip to Friday night)

We were on the plane about to land in Tennessee. The only thing I didn't like about coming back here is it made me think of my mom. She hasn't even talked to me since I left for LA and even then she barely talked. She hasn't spoken to Josh either. Amy has tried to reach out to her but has had no luck. I don't think I'll be able to see her for the holidays. The only time she talked to me at all during my senior year, last year, was to get money for drugs and pills. I tried multiple times to help her but she wouldn't talk to me. I don't know how many times I have found her barely alive with a empty bottle of pills beside her. It broke me more and more every time. I felt a tear roll down my cheek. I quickly wiped it away before Jaden could see.

It was around 9pm. Jaden and I had just gotten our bags and now we were walking to where Amy and John would be.

(btw Jaden is an only child in this story)

Amy: "Davina! Jaden!"

I see Amy and walk over to her. She pulls me into a tight hug while John hugs Jaden.

Amy: "How are you darling?"

Davina: " I'm good."

She pulls out of the hug so she can hug Jaden. John comes over and hugs me.

Davina: "Hey Johnny"

John: "Hey little D. How was LA?"

Davina: "Amazing."

After talking for a few minutes we walk out to their car and put our bags in the trunk. Now we were on the way to Jaden's house.

Jaden: "Hey are you ok?" he whispered to me

Davina: "Yeah. Just tired." I whispered back.

Jaden: "Mhm." he obviously knew I was lying.

We had gotten home. Jaden and I took our bags up to his room. We told Amy and John goodnight. I had just gotten dressed from taking a shower. I walked into Jaden's room to see him half asleep on his phone. I walked over and laid down beside him. He put his phone down and opened up his arms.

Jaden: "Cuddles?"

I laughed before laying my head on his chest and wrapping my arms around his torso. He put his arms around my waist.