Chapter Thirty-One

May 1st will be Jaden and I's four month anniversary and our 14 year friendaversary.

Because of that, that is when I'll be releasing my song "Dandelions."

I started writing the song in November when I started realizing I was in love with the one and only Jaden Hossler.

I haven't let him read the lyrics or listen to the song. He doesn't even know that I'm releasing it or that it is for him.

The song is dedicated to him.

The past few months, well really the past fourteen years, he has helped me through everything. Especially the past few years when my life has gone to complete shit. My dad leaving, my mom's addiction, getting cheated on, getting abused, getting kidnapped, getting assaulted, and even almost dying. He's been there for me through it all.

Even in junior/senior year when I was "solving" all my problems with alcohol, he helped me come back from it and become myself again. Honestly, I wouldn't be alive without him.

He has done so much for me so now I'm going to do something for him. It was currently 11:55 pm on April 30th. 5 minutes til my song releases.

His favorite place throughout all of California is the Hollywood sign so that's where I was taking him. I had him blindfolded and I was guiding him up the hill. I went behind him and put my hands on his sides slightly pushing him.

"Only a few more steps."

"Is this the part where you brutally murder me?"

I let out a laugh, "Fortunately, I'll let you live another day Hossler."

I walked him to where he was standing right next to "H." I walked in front of him and gently pulled off his blindfold. His jaw dropped as he took in the scene of the city lights from up here. After looking around, he finally looked down at me and placed his hands on my waist, pulling me towards him.

"I love it here but why are we here?" He asked staring into my eyes.

I placed my arms around his torso, still looking into his eyes as I began to speak.

"So you know how I have been writing that song? That I haven't let you look at yet."

"Yes?"

"Well it's about you and how I began to fall in love with you."

His smile grew as I continued.

"And it releases in," I pulled my phone out of my back pocket to check the time, "Well now."

"Put it on! Put it on!"

I let out a laugh before turning on the song and setting my phone in the grass.

"Dance with me darling." He said gently grabbing my hand.

He placed his hands on my waist and I put both my hands on the back of his neck as we swayed back and forth to my song.

Dandelions Lyrics (song is at the top)

Maybe it's the way you say my name

Maybe it's the way you play your game

But it's so good, I've never known anybody like you