Chapter Thirteen: I hate this so much, I'm sorry.

"N-no." I whispered, my breath hitching as she ran her hands up and down my sides, and while I wanted exactly what she was proposing to me, I could not take it.

I broke free from her grasp and stumbled backwards, stammering, "I appreciate your o-offer, however, I must refuse."

She scoffed and ran a hand through her silky hair, "Did you think I was asking you? I need release, one way or another. I don't care if it comes from you or some poor schmuck in the village."

I shifted my feet so that I was in a fighting stance, arms tensed by my sides, and growled, "Lavender, you cannot hurt anybody. I freed you because I believed that you would not hurt anybody."

She laughed, and said with a sneer, "Are you serious? I'm a Shifter, Adaria! Hurting, killing, maiming, it's all in my blood!"

She smiled cruelly and added, "Our blood."

While Lavender was beautiful, her beauty was only on the outside. She was rotten on the inside, just like...

Just like all Shifters. A part of me had known that she would not be different, that she was the same as the rest of them, but I wanted so badly for her to be just like me.

I coated my hands in Ygro, the action slowly becoming second nature, and I said calmly, "I am going to have to kill you, Lavender."

She laughed cruelly, and sneered, "And how are you going to do that?"

Faster than I thought I could move, I formed the Ygro in my right hand in a dagger and threw it at her with all my might.

She staggered back, the dagger embedded just under her left breast, right on her heart, and then collapsed onto her hands on the forest floor.

Lavender coughed, blood dripping from her mouth, and she rasped, "Wow, didn't even see it coming."

I walked over to her and, using my foot, nudged her so that she fell onto her side, the dagger poking out. I lowered myself onto one knee and pushed the dagger deeper into her chest using my hand, making her cough up more blood.

"I really liked you, Lavender. You are very attractive." I murmured as I ripped the dagger from her chest, the Ygro shimmering in the sunlight. I grabbed her hand and kissed the palm of it, whispering into it, "But you are no different than any of the others. Cruel and heartless."

She chuckled, making more blood pour out of her wound, and rasped, "Says the one killing her own kind."

I flinched, and said, making my voice monotone, "Regardless, who knows what destruction you could have done to that poor village. Which is why I must end you. You understand, yes?"

She smiled, blood coating her teeth, and winked at me, "Of course."

I then swiftly cut her throat, and whispered, "Dear Mother, take this soul into your arms and welcome her to the Other, regardless of the horrors she committed in her life."

She smiled again, and rasped one last time, "All Shifters are the same, Adaria, whether you want to admit it or not."

She took in a breath and said, "That includes you."

The light left her eyes then, and I closed them.

Fuck. I thought, and the word consumed my mind. Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck.

"FUCK!" I screamed, my frustration erupting, and I pressed the heels of my palm into my eyes, the Ygro that had coated my hands dripping back into the Other.