Chapter 2

The days that followed were much the same in terms of Jennie throwing up during the night, and while she tried her best not to wake Lisa, she was by her side every single night regardless of Jennie's insistence that she get some sleep. It was something that Jennie realized she was going to have to work on, accepting Lisa's help without feeling guilty about it, or without feeling that all of the responsibility was on her. It was a foreign experience for her, she was quickly realizing that while she had been pregnant and given birth before, this situation was a completely different one but most definitely for the better.

She didn't have anyone by her side when she had been throwing up with Ella, there was no one to take care of her or to check in on her each day to see how she was feeling, and while it was a little bit of an adjustment, Jennie couldn't help but feel extremely grateful for her wife and everything that she was doing for her.

Another difficult adjustment over the past month or so was that Jennie was no longer allowed to drink coffee, and she was having major withdrawals to say the least. She lived for her morning mug of coffee, it gave her the boost that she needed to get out and face the day, but after the procedure she wasn't allowed it for the baby's sake and she was now losing sleep thanks to the morning sickness that decided to come in the middle of the night. She could already feel the fatigue creeping up on her, and she knew that she was going to have to incorporate a nap into her daily schedule at some point so that she didn't go insane.

They hadn't told anyone about the store bought pregnancy test that Jennie had taken a few days before, they didn't want to risk getting everyone's hopes up in case things didn't work out the way that they wanted them to. Although Jennie was struggling to keep it from Ella, they had discussed the idea of maybe one day bringing another baby into the family, but ever since the idea had been planted in her head it was all Ella seemed to talk about, and Jennie desperately wanted to share the good news with her.

"Why don't you just tell her?" Lisa had asked as Jennie was crawling back into bed after a bout of morning sickness, after which she had told Lisa that she hoped Ella hadn't heard anything.

"You know what she's like, she'll get too excited and blab to everyone." Jennie breathed a laugh as she settled her head down on Lisa's chest.

"That's very true." Lisa agreed with a smile as she pulled Jennie in a little closer.

On the day of the appointment at the OB GYN's office to confirm their pregnancy, both Jennie and Lisa woke up noticeably a little fidgety and more than a little bit excited. They had gotten up and eaten breakfast normally, Ella had chatted on and on about a bunch of random things whilst Jennie and Lisa listened and added their own thoughts and opinions when they were needed, and then the three of them had gotten themselves dressed and read to head out for the day. Ella being able to fully dress herself was one of the biggest time savers for Jennie, all they had to do was pick out an outfit with her the night before and then leave it hanging up for her to access in the morning.

"Okay, I'll see you at three for the appointment." Jennie told Lisa as thy stood in the kitchen organizing their lunches for the day before pressing a quick kiss to her lips.

"I love you." Lisa all but squeaked, noticeably bouncing up and down on the balls of her feet as she stood in front of Jennie.

"You really have to chill if you don't want anyone to figure out what's going on." she laughed before kissing Lisa once again. "I love you too, have a good day."

"Where's my little munchkin?" Jennie called out as she stepped out of the kitchen and made her way down the hall.

"Here mommy!" she heard Ella call out from the end of the hall as she made her way over.