Chapter 4

By the time Jennie's second OB GYN appointment rolled around, the two of them were aching to share the news with everyone, and they were beyond excited knowing that there was only a few more weeks to go until they were in the clear and would be able to do so. Lisa had been gushing nonstop the whole day about getting to see the baby again, eager to see if there was a noticeable difference from the last time and excited about the fact that they would hopefully get to hear the baby's heartbeat for the first time.

Jennie had spent the day at work smiling like a goof at her phone and reading over all of the text messages that Lisa was sending her throughout the day. She was feeling more and more exhausted as the days went by, and she could feel her mood changing rapidly over the slightest inconveniences, but she knew that her hormones would start to level out soon, she just had to hold on another few weeks until the first trimester was out of the way.

She all but ran out of the office at the end of the day, beyond excited to finally be done for the day. She immediately spotted Lisa's car in the car park when she pulled up outside the OB GYN's office a little over a half an hour later, and found a space as close to hers as she could get before turning off the engine and stepping out.

"Hey! How was work?" she asked as she made her way up onto the sidewalk and saw Lisa approaching.

"It was good!" Lisa greeted her with a quick kiss before reaching down to hold her hand. "What about you? How was your day?"

"It was alright, it dragged in though, I was way too excited for this." Jennie admitted happily as they made their way inside.

The process was much the same as the last time that they had been there, and every other time that Jennie had been there while pregnant with Ella. She checked in with the friendly elderly woman behind the desk before taking a seat in the large waiting room and staying there until the doctor came through to get them.

After they were led down the hallway to Dr. Han's room, Jennie stripped out of her clothes and Lisa helped her into one of the paper thin hospital gowns before the doctor came back in and got everything set up. Jennie tensed a little as the cold gel made contact with her skin, but it only took a few moments to get used to it before it was comfortable again.

"Okay, we're just going to take a quick look and see how things are progressing." the doctor told them with a friendly smile before getting started. "and we should be able to hear the heartbeat today if that's something that you guys are wanting to do."

"Oh yeah definitely." Jennie replied instantly, laughing at Lisa's little squeak of excitement.

"Okay well.. here is your baby." Dr. Han told them as she brought the large screen around and circled the computer mouse around the little black area that Jennie knew to be the baby.

It was more of a bean shape this time around, compared to the little black dot that it had been the last time, and Jennie was mesmerized as she looked at the picture. It was so easy to forget during the sleepless nights of throwing up and the constant exhaustion why she was doing this whole thing in the first place, but seeing how much the baby had changed in a single month since the last appointment made everything so much clearer.

"If you look over here you'll see the heart beating away." she told them as she lined up the mouse with the baby's chest where a little area of movement was visible.

"That's insane." Lisa breathed as she gently squeezed Jennie's hand, unable to tear her eyes away from the screen.

"Do you guys wanna hear it now?" she asked, clicking a few different areas on the keyboard before turning to Jennie and Lisa.

"Of course." Jennie nodded, already feeling the tears well up in her eyes. She could blame the pregnancy hormones if she wanted to, but a quick glance at Lisa confirmed that she was on the verge of tears too.