Chapter 14

The drive home to the house seemed to take forever and yet no time at all. It felt almost wrong to be driving away from the direction of the hospital knowing that her wife and brand new little baby girl were still in there, but Lisa knew that she had to get back home to Ella. She would probably be super confused about where she and Jennie have been all day, and if she was being honest, Lisa was completely exhausted. The adrenaline that had been keeping her going was long gone now that she knew both Jennie and Evie were safe and going to be alright, and she knew that she was no good to anyone if she didn't take care of herself. Ella was going to need her more than ever, and both Jennie and Evie were relying on her too.

Lisa could see the light spilling out behind the closed blinds in the living room, she guessed that Ella had refused to sleep until her moms got home and Lisa knew that neither Rosé, Jisoo nor Bom would argue with her given the circumstances. Despite being completely exhausted, Lisa was actually excited to see her family and get to gush all about the baby. The whole experience had been beyond terrifying but she was still overwhelmingly proud of her girls and she couldn't wait to show Evie off to everyone.

Oreo was first to the door when Lisa stepped inside, jumping around excitedly like she always did when anyone arrived home, regardless of how long they had been out for. Lisa got the exact same greeting from the excited dog whether she had been gone all day or was gone for two seconds to take the trash out to the curb or to quickly grab something from the garage.

"Hey girl, hey, I see you." Lisa smiled as she petted Oreo before slipping her shoes off at the door and padding through to the living room where she guessed everyone else must be.

Lisa assumed that Oreo had tipped them off about her arrival back home, because they were already up and making their way out of the room to greet her when she arrived.

"Hey." She smiled happily, although the exhaustion was more than evident on her face and in her tone by this point.

"Congrats mama!" Bom all but squealed as she pulled Lisa in for a tight hug. "I'm so proud of you all."

"Yeah, congratulations baby sis." Rosé was right behind Bom, not even waiting for her to pull away before wrapping her arms tightly around the both.

"I'm so happy for you guys!" Jisoo gushed as she didn't hesitate to join in on the group hug.

"Thank you guys." Lisa smiled proudly as they all backed off to give her a little space. "Where's Ella?" she asked, immediately noticing that she was nowhere in sight.

"She's passed out on the couch, she tried to stay awake but the poor thing was exhausted." Bom told her as they all made their way into the room.

"We didn't tell her anything, just that everything was fine and that you would be home a little later. She doesn't know anything else." Jisoo informed her as Lisa made her way over to where Ella was laying with a blanket draped over her and lightly snoring.

Careful not to wake her, Lisa gently slid her arms underneath Ella before picking her up and settling her head on her shoulder so that it didn't end up in an awkward position that would hurt her in the morning. It felt beyond weird holding Ella now, not in a bad way or anything, just odd. She always seemed so tiny to Lisa, but after meeting Evie, Ella seemed to be huge and it was an oddly emotional realization.

Lisa had intended to carry Ella up to bed before coming back down and filling everyone in, but after she had picked her up she found that she didn't want to let her go. Opting instead to sit back down on the couch with Ella sleeping in her lap before turning her attention to the other three women in the room.

"Tell us everything." Bom pleaded with a beaming smile on her face. "Have you guys picked out a name yet? How much did she weigh? I need some pictures of that baby!"