Chapter Fifteen

Landon's POV

I'm lying in bed next to an almost complete stranger. We haven't even had sex tonight. This is the most surreal situation I think I've ever found myself in.

We talked. We actually talked.

We talked about things that I would struggle to talk to Jarrod or Jack about, and I've known them since I was eighteen. I've known them a decade.

A part of me wants to get out of bed and make a run for it, but I know that if I do that I might as well say goodbye to the idea of ever seeing her again. That part of me, the part that wants to run, says that shouldn't matter because everything I've done since I met her has been against the rules. But I can't bring myself to care about the rules. At least not right now.

I roll over, so I'm facing her.

She's lying on her stomach, and her hair is sprayed across the pillow. She's beautiful; perfect. She'd probably tell me off for saying that, especially after everything she's told me about how good she is at keeping the rules that people put in place for her.

I don't think she likes the word perfect. Last night it seemed to offend her.

It's bizarre how she finds her rules limit her while I think my rules give me freedom. The freedom to do what I want with whomever I want; except her. This is the first time I've wanted to break the rules. The first time I've wanted there to be a second night or even a morning after. With her, the freedom that I've enjoyed my whole life suddenly feels like a prison.

I lean over and kiss her on the forehead. She sighs, she's still awake.

"Can't you sleep, either?"

I chuckle because I haven't even tried closing my eyes. She sits up and kisses me on the lips. I pull her down so she's lying on top of me. I pull her pyjama top over her head and kiss along her collarbone. It's almost certainly against her rules and so I decide to give her a love bite.

It's that primal desire to lay claim to her again, and it takes me by surprise as I suck on her skin.

My hand is in her shorts, and I find that she's already wet. I love the fact she's ready for me.

"Do you have any condoms?"

I know that she has only lost her virginity the night before, but I am seriously hoping she has a secret stash of 'just in case' condoms.

She shakes her head, and I'm disappointed.

I'm not willing to take risks, especially after talking about her sister getting pregnant. I'm mentally trying to work out how quickly Henry can get here to drop some off.

"But I know where I can get some."

I lie back as I watch her climb out of bed and grab a robe that is hung up behind the door. She leaves the room, and I think I can hear her rummaging about next door. When she comes back, she has a handful of condoms.

She quirks an eyebrow.

"Do you think we'll have enough?"

She chuckles, and I can't help but laugh with her. 

👔 I've had to cut a little out here to keep things clean. If you want to read all the naughty bits, you can read them here: https://geni.us/BrokenRules

The sun is just starting to rise when I wake up. I don't move because I don't want to wake her. She's curled up at my side. This is the second day that I've allowed my usual routine to go out the window.

If I'm going to make a habit of this, I might have to keep some running clothes in the car. I'm shocked by the thought.

It's confusing; I'm supposed to be helping her break her rules, not mine.