Chapter Twenty

Landon's POV

I'm sitting in the back of the limo waiting for Aurora to join me. As she approaches the car, I look her over. I chuckle as I realise that if she could see me now, she'd be blushing.

She's wearing a blue dress. It's quite short, but god does she look bloody gorgeous in it. I watch as she exchanges what I presume to be pleasantries with Henry.

Henry opens the door, and she struggles to get into the car, her dress making it slightly challenging.

I grin at her.

"Hello Miss Stone."

"Hello Mr Peters," she says in that gentle voice that is like a soothing balm to the tension I'm holding in my shoulders.

I feel myself relax.

She's looking to the front of the car. Even though I struggle to read her, I know where her thoughts have gone. She's thinking about the privacy screen. I pressed the button to close it seconds before she got into the limo and now she knows we're alone, I can't resist telling her what I want.

"Last time Henry drove us, I wanted to fuck you, but I couldn't. Now I can."

I pronounce every word clearly.

Now. I. Can.

Distinctly.

Making sure she realises that I'm not just telling her what I want or even that I can do it, but that I will fuck her in the back of this limo, and I will do it now.

I pick her up, and she giggles as I pull her into my lap. She's playful.

"I've been thinking about you all day," I tell her as I pull the hem of her short, blue dress up until it's around her waist.

If she feels anxious, she's not letting on.

"All day?" she asks.

👔 Since this is the clean version, I can't tell you what happened in the Limo between Landon and Aurora, but don't worry, you can read it here >> https://geni.us/BrokenRules

"Tonight, after dinner, I'm going to help you break another rule," I tell her.

"Are you going to tell me what rule?" she asks, intrigued.

"Definitely not," I laugh, "but I promise, you will love it."

I'm grateful that she's managed to distract me so perfectly from my day and we haven't even had dinner yet. I consider talking to Aurora about everything that has happened.

It scares me slightly how much I want to confide in her. I've told her more about myself than most of my closest friends know.

When we arrive, I step out of the car before helping her out. The restaurant is a little Italian that I've grown to love. It's a well-kept secret. We'll have privacy here.

I watch her reaction to it as we enter the little restaurant. I can see she loves it instantly. I grin. Inside, I'm thrilled that she likes it.

"They do some of the best pizza I've ever had here," I tell her as I pull her into a private booth towards the back of the room. "In fact, I'd say I haven't had better outside of Italy. Have you ever been to Italy?"

Its benign conversation and completely outside my repertoire with women.

"Yes; I've been to Rome and Venice," she tells me. "I love Italy; especially the ice cream."

"Gelato is a fantastic Italian accomplishment."

She's licking her lips, and I wonder if she's thinking about ice cream. But her eyes keep darting to my mouth – she's not thinking about ice cream. She's thinking about kissing me again.

I want to kiss her too, so I decide to act upon it.

My rules are all about self-control, but I'm not so keen on self-deprivation. She is what I want, and I plan to indulge.

I lean across the booth, kissing her in a way that isn't really appropriate for a restaurant. I'm grateful for the privacy of our booth.

Pulling away, I stand up.

She looks momentarily alarmed but smiles with unmistakable pleasure when I take a seat next to her on her side of the booth.

"I was too far away."

I pout. I'm shocked at myself; I haven't pouted since I was a child. She giggles, and it's musical.

My hand is on her thigh underneath the table, slowly inching up until it's underneath her dress. She's squirming.

"What if the waitress comes back?" she whispers.

"Who cares?" I reply harsher than I mean to. "The tablecloth will hide what I'm doing to you so as long as we're quiet..."

It's odd for me to be doing this. I'm not much of an exhibitionist. I'm a very private person, but I can't stop myself.

"I thought you were going to wait until after dinner to help me break another rule," she says huskily.

"I changed my mind," I tell her gently as I kiss her neck.

The waitress returns with our food, but I don't take my hand away from her thigh. The waitress asks if we need anything, I barely shake my head. My attention is on Aurora.

She's talking, asking me about my day.

I don't want to brush off her questions, so I consider briefly if I want to open up to her. After a mere couple of seconds, I realise that I want to tell her everything. I want to tell her about my conversation with my mum and more than that I want to tell her how I feel about it all.

It's something I've never done; I don't talk about my emotions. I work through them alone.

It's completely against the rules to share with her in that way but then again, I've been breaking rule after rule ever since the moment I met her, barely forty-eight hours ago, and I can't bring myself to regret it.

I want to break every rule I've ever given myself, so long as I break them with her. For her, I think I'd do nearly anything and what I think should be terrifying is exhilarating.

She messes with my control, and I can't bring myself to try and take it back again.

👔 That's One Night with A British Billionaire over... but don't worry you can carry on reading about Landon and Aurora in Enforced Rules >> https://geni.us/EnforcedRules

👔 Don't forget to read the scenes that couldn't be read here >> https://geni.us/BrokenRules

👔 Keep reading for a sneak peek of Enforced Rules...