Running Back To You

Anna was hiding. After finishing the washing-up, she joined Jungkook in his room while he just chilled. Sitting on his bed, she peeked out of the window to see Jimin coming out of the main house. He looked around and she ducked when he turned towards the floating house. When she looked up again, she saw him walking up to the upper house, his head hung low.

"Anna?"

At the call of her name, she turned towards Jungkook who was staring at her with a confused expression.

"What? What are you doing?"

"Umm... hiding?"

"Hiding? Game?"

"Maybe? Uh, no, not really."

Jungkook watched Anna even more confused than before. She was biting her lip as she gazed down at her lap and played with her fingers anxiously. Unsure how to help her, or what to say, he decided to seek out help.

The Maknae got up and held out his hands to Anna to help her up. Cautiously she put her hands in his, wondering what he was doing, but trusting him. Keeping one of her hands in his, Jungkook led her out the door of his room. Before she could worry about where they were going, they had stopped, and her youngest soulmate had knocked on the bedroom door opposite his own.

"Come in!"

"Namjoon-Hyung, do you have a few minutes?"

"Jungkookie, Anna. Of course, what's up?"

"I need your problem-solving leader skills."

"Oh?"

"And your fluent English-speaking skills."

"Ah. How can I help?"

"Anna's acting a little odd and she told me she was hiding and not as part of a game."

"Let's sit."

Jungkook sat down and pulled Anna so that she was sitting sideways in his lap and Namjoon sat facing her.

"So, Anna, do you want to tell me who you are hiding from and why?"

"I'm scared of Jimin!"

Namjoon and Jungkook looked at each other, while Anna hid her face in her hands after just blurting it out.

"Anna? Babe, look at me please?"

The leader gently took her hands in his own and brought them down away from her face.

"Now, what has Jimin done that has made you scared of him?"

"Something happened this morning... and he said we would finish it later."

Namjoon waited for her to elaborate, but when she didn't Jungkook spoke up instead.

"Hyung, I think I know what Anna's talking about. Jimin told me how he was annoyed at Taehyung for interrupting his time with Anna."

Jungkook went on to explain a few more details Jimin had shared with him. After hearing the story, Namjoon thought he knew what Anna was afraid of. Jimin was a particularly passionate and handsy soulmate, which could be a bit much for their newest soulmate. He also realised that they hadn't had an updated conversation about what she was comfortable with. He knew that just because kissing was a normal occurrence now, didn't mean she was ready for more.

Namjoon smiled at Anna. She was so cute. Shy and unsure of these new situations she found herself in. It reminded him of when they first met Jungkook. With Anna, this was another example of how greatly society affects us.

While it didn't bother him, that Anna had no experience with physical intimacy, he knew that for her age general society would deem it abnormal. This, in turn, adding to her anxious personality, had led her to build it up in her head and develop a fear of it.

"Do you think Jimin would hurt you?"

"When you put it like that it sounds stupid."

"Why would it be stupid?"

"I know Jimin would never hurt me. I know there's no reason for me to be afraid, but..."

"It's okay to be scared. Fear doesn't have to be rational, but you do need to talk to us, any of us, about it so that it doesn't take over and cause problems."

"I know, I'm just not very good at talking about serious stuff."

"We know it's hard sometimes. We have all struggled with speaking up."

"But you guys always seem so good at talking things out, having deep conversations and stuff."

"As a group we had to learn quickly so that any problems wouldn't affect our work. But at first it was hard to get a word out of our maknae."

"Hyung!"

Kookie's reaction to Namjoon's teasing made Anna giggle.

"Here is what I think. We need to sit down as a group and reassure you that we all know your limits, and you need to tell us what they are."

"Okay."

Seeing how nervous she was, Jungkook gave her a kiss on the head and a squeeze where his arm was wrapped around her.

"Now, I think someone is waiting for you."

Anna approached the sliding door of Jimin and Taehyung's room in the upper house and hovered outside. The door wasn't fully closed so she peeked through the gap into the room. What she saw made her heartache.

Jimin was sitting at the top of the bed, his back against the wall and his knees bent. He was playing on his phone with a sad expression on his face. Anna watched as he threw his phone onto the bed beside him and buried his face in his hands. After a moment he ran his hands through his hair before sliding down onto the bed. He curled up on his side facing away from the door.

Taking a deep breath, Anna carefully slid the door open until she could fit through the gap. Gently she lowered herself onto the bed behind Jimin, wrapped her arm around him and buried her face into the back of his neck. She placed a kiss on the crook of his neck before whispering in his ear.

"I'm sorry."

For what felt to Anna like a very long moment, Jimin didn't react. When he did turn around, the pair ended up lying face to face their noses touching and they just looked at each other. Since neither of them knew the words to explain to the other what they were thinking, they relied on the connection of their souls to communicate.

While Anna felt sorry for avoiding Jimin, Jimin also felt sorry. He was worried he had scared his new soulmate, that he had taken things too far or made her uncomfortable. Seeing her avoiding him had only confirmed his worries and he couldn't stand the thought that he might have hurt his soulmate in any way.

Seeing all this in Jimin's eyes, Anna knew what she had to do. She ran her hand from where it was wrapped around his waist, up his arm until it reached his face. Her thumb softly stroked his cheek while she gently rubbed the tips of their noses together.

When his eyes lightened and the beginnings of a smile pulled at his lips, Anna went in for a kiss. Neither of them knew how long they spent wrapped up in each other's presence, as they continued to exchange kisses full of love, understanding and forgiveness. The moment was purely sweet and tender. There would be time for more passionate embraces in the future, but for now, they focused on building a bond of trust and comfort.

Outside the door, Taehyung watched his two soulmates bond. His heart warmed at hearing their soft giggles. He backed away from the door, he wouldn't interrupt them this time.