Our Best Is Yet To Come

It was Friday and Anna had arranged a viewing party for the release of BTS's new music video. Anyone who was free at that time had joined her, members of the Idol groups, trainees, and HYBE staff. YouTube was being projected onto a big screen on the wall and she was sitting front and centre waiting for the countdown to begin, with members of TXT on one side and ENHYPEN on the other.

"Did they let you listen to the song before, Noona?"

Anna threw her hands up in frustration at Sunoo's question.

"Of course not! They're so secretive when it comes to work. They don't want to spoil anything for me so that I can have the proper ARMY experience."

"That's funny. Everyone thinks you have special privileges and behind-the-scenes access as their soulmate, but you don't."

"Really, Yeonjun? Perhaps I should reconsider giving you a preview of my album."

"Oh, come on. You wouldn't be so mean to your best friend."

"Best friend? You're such a suck-up, Hyung. No offence, Noona."

Yeonjun turned and pulled a face at Beomgyu, who was sitting on his other side.

"What do we have to do to get a preview of your music, Noona?"

"Just ask. Seems Heeseung's my new best friend."

Yeonjun pouted while the rest of them laughed. Jay leant forward from where he was sitting a few seats down.

"Can I listen too, Noona?"

"You've already had a preview."

"What? No, I haven't, Noona!"

"No? Who was at my album photoshoot then?"

"That doesn't count."

Anna smiled as the Idol sulked.

"Anyone else?"

"Me!"

All the young Idols called out, and she sighed teasingly.

"I guess I'm organising a pre-release listening party then."

"Yay!"

When the countdown began everyone in the room sang along to the quick history lesson of BTS's music, but the front row of Anna and the boys were the loudest. The room was struck with silence when the BigHit Music logo appeared and then Jungkook appeared on screen followed by his voice. Once the video had finished there was a moment of silence while everyone took it all in.

"Shall we watch it again?"

They replayed the video and pointed out all of the references to BTS's past music videos. Anna watched proudly thinking of all the things her soulmates had achieved over the years. With this song, there was a promise of more great things to come. However, that didn't mean that she didn't feel a twinge of sadness at the thought of this being the last OT7 music video for a while.

After watching the music video a few more times, most of the room had emptied out. Anna put on the other new songs that were released, starting with Run BTS and they were shocked.

"Oh my god. Old school BTS vibes!"

Anna accompanied her soulmates to each of their music show pre-recordings over the next couple of days. While no one else knew it, these were the last planned OT7 performances, and she wanted to be there to experience them. On the last day, she shed a few tears as she watched the seven of them on stage together interacting with ARMY.

On the anniversary of BTS's debut, Anna spent the day with all of her soulmates. She insisted that they watch the Proof Live show.

"So, this is what you did while I was getting chased by paparazzi in Las Vegas?"