Patience

"Its hopeless, we are in political checkmate. Nothing we can do but flee or fight." Princess Pena explained while looking out the window at Kriegsmen in formation.

"My lady, if we can worry about the hopelessness of this later. The reports of Alnus Hill are more than likely embellished." Norma Co Igloo stated trying to cheer Pina's sour mood up.

She turned to Norma "Do you really think after their intervention in our siege that the reports are false?"

Hamilton spoke up "My lady, most of the reports stated that no one was left alive, the bandits that sieged the city are a contradiction."

Pina put her hand on her forehead. "I have not a damn clue on what we are going to do next."

All of a sudden two masked men barged in to the room. The knights in the room drew their swords instinctually to protect Pina. But put them back in their scabbards once it was apparent they were only Kriegsmen.  They paused at the sudden burst of action.

"Princess Pina, your presence has been requested by Lieutenant Callahan. He would like to speak with you in the dining hall as soon as possible." They left the room about as soon as they entered.

The Knights of the Rose looked at Pina. Wondering what to do

"Norman, and Hamilton come with me. Everyone else is on standby." She shouted and left the room Norman and Hamilton following closely behind.

Pina was panicking silently, why did a foreign enemy commander want to have dinner with her? She was gnashing her teeth together. The anxiousness was culled by the sight of the entrance into the dining room. She opened with fervor. Upon opening it she saw Callahan without a mask, eating some of the food they had captured in Countess's Myui pantry. He was alone other than a Lone Kriegsmen standing off to the side. She couldn't tell if he had a weapon. If they didn't, now would be a perfect time to kill him she might even deal a major blow to their chain of command. 

"Ah Princess, I have come to discuss with you... some of your Knights, around a hundred of them made it to the gate of Italica. They tried to make it through by force but we just closed the gate. They said they were affiliated with you, but one who was hurling obscene insults and telling us the 'gods' would strike us down." He clapped his hands, two kriegsmen that had been behind a pillar appeared. surprising Norma, and Hamilton.

"They demand to know your status." He turns his head to address the guardsmen behind them.

"Take them to the West Gate, and make sure you don't start another grox shoot." They clicked their hills and led the knights to the west gate.

When they finally reached the West gate. A bolter position had been set up on top of the walls, A few guardsmen had their lasguns aimed down at the small army of knights. Pina looked over the walls to see everyone was mostly intact. But the remains of a horse and a blonde human, she couldn't recognize who it was through the gore and blood.

"PRINCESS!" A purple haired knight shouted.

"Beefeater?" Pina acknowledged back

"Are you alright! Have they treated you well?" Beefeater E Caty asked.

"Yeah, for the most part!" Upon hearing those words most of the Knights put their swords in their scabbards other than a few knights with lances.

"Can we let them in? They are my people, You have my word they wont interfere with your Operations."

The Sergeant in charge of west gate nodded, and shouted for the gates to be opened. The knights rushed in on horses, making the Kriegsmen jumpy with their guns. 

"Calm down! We have nothing to fear they aren't our enemy."

"My lady, they killed Bozes. It was cold blood My lady. COLD BLOOD I tell you Cold blood."

Pina eyes narrowed, her world spun. The girl she had known for years dead just like that. Her body not even recognizable. It hurt her, but she couldn't show any weakness now. She closed her eyes and doubled down.

"I know but we cant avenge her, head to the Countesses mansion and gather up with the rest of the order of the knights, We are going to break out of this city tonight." She whispered to Beefeater and Panache.

"Yes your majesty." They said in sync.

Pina began the ride back to the palace, but she came upon a sight. A few Platoons of Kriegsmen were standing at attention in front of the yard. Even Callahan was on the steps that lead to a courtyard. Groups of Chimeras, Leman Russes, Basilisks, Tauroxs, Rhinos, even a few transport vehicles full of men and equipment. Their engines roared through the streets, Pina ran up to Callahan to ask the situation.

"Callahan, what is going on. Who are these people!" Pina shouted

"Its the 12th Battalion, they have come to reinforce us. Callahan responded

all of a sudden a Kriegsmen came up to Callahan and stood at attention.

"Captain Highrul reporting sir, here are your new orders."

"Sir?" He opened the envelope and read it, it took a few minutes but he eventually put the latter in his overcoat pocket.

"I am to be promoted to Major, Take Command of the 12th Battalion and spearhead the invasion. Lieutenant Colonel Kilgore is having trouble in the south with guerillas so we are proceeding despite his trouble. Onward to the city of Rondel!" He smiled ear to ear under his mask. This was going to be fun.

Authors note; Wont be able to get  more chapters out for at most a week. As soon as I return will start churning out chapters. Thank you and I apologize. Be sure to comment, favorite and follow. Also comment praise! Criticism, or grammar mistakes.