once upon a time

disc:

Many people were unhappy with the ending to One Night Stand I created back in August. That ending is the true ending, however, I wanted to satisfy new and old readers by creating an alternate ending that may leave you all feeling better.

Alright, here we go.

•••

My vision cleared as I viewed the three people standing around me, one of which I didn't recognize.

I couldn't place an identity with anyone. One was a woman, about 5'5, medium length red hair. She was wearing hospital scrubs.

One was a tall and muscular dark-skin man with a goatee. The other was a tall skinny man we earring a sweater vest with fluffy brown hair. He was holding my hand.

"She's conscious. I'll page Neuro." The red haired woman said as she closed the door.

I let out a small groan as I tried to sit up, but was stopped immediately by one of the men.

"You need to lie back. You suffered severe trauma in the accident."

Accident? All I can remember from previous events is red. The color red and being surrounded by it.

I squinted my eyes as the woman re-entered the room followed by a man with dark hair. "Hi Stella, I'm Mark Shepherd, the chief of Neurosurgery, and I performed your surgery. How are you feeling?"

"Very confused. I don't know who any of you are. I don't know how I got here. What happened to me?"

A tear fell from the man at my side as he looked at the neurosurgeon.

"Memory loss is common after major neurological procedures. Sometimes it just takes some explaining of what happened, which these two men can help with." Dr. Shepherd answered. "Press her call button if anything changes.

Everyones nodded, and the woman and doctor exited the room. The muscular man sat down in the chair on the other side of me.

"Who are you guys?" I asked.

"Stella, I'm Derek. We work together. I was with you when you, well, got hurt."

He continued. "This here is Spencer." He gestured to the man on my right, who hasn't spoken a word yet. He wasn't looking at me. He was looking at our hands, which laid together.

I turned back to Derek as he continued. "He is your boyfriend."

Certain memories began flooding back.

The day in DC.
Movie night.
Secret kisses.
Getting kidnapped together.
Watching him get kidnapped.

My eyes opened wider as I glanced back over at Spencer, who still couldn't look at me.

"I remember you. Not everything, but I remember what we had."

In that moment, he looked up. He met my eyes for the first time, and more, small memories came back.

The corners of his lips curled up into a smile, and he squeezed my hand even tighter.

Derek continued talking. "You're a profiler and you work for the Behavioral Analysis Unit. A damn good one at that."

Things were slowly flooding back to me. The accident. My life before the accident. The people in my life.

"I-I remember. Not everything, but bits and pieces. I remember that I love all of you. Especially you, Spencer."

Spencer let out a small chuckle and I watched as Derek smiled.

•••

2 years later

"Stella, you look beautiful." JJ commented as I took one final look at myself in the mirror.

I had settled on a long sleeve white dress with very intricate designs. My hair is in a half up-half down with small braid strewn throughout, and a veil is placed on top. I'm always a sucker for the little details.

"Thank you, JJ." I smiled at her as she pulled me into a hug.

"Are you all ready to go?" Penelope asked.

I took one last glance in the mirror, seeing a small scar on my neck from the accident. A constant reminder. "Ready as I'll ever be."

Derek met me in the living room area of Rossi's house as the bridesmaids began to walk outside.

Derek handed me my bouquet and planted a kiss on my forehead. "I am so proud of you, and am so happy for you and Spencer."

I smiled at him and pulled him into a hug. "Now let's go before my feet get even colder."

Derek let out a chuckle and we got in position. As the doors were opened for us, I was faced with the love of my life just a short distance away, just down the aisle. I am ready to spend the rest of my life with him.

•••