twenty three

Stella's POV:

I walk up the steps to Rossi's house, wait, mansion, and as I'm about to knock on the door, it is answered by Morgan.

"Took you long enough, Stella!"

I let out a laugh. "I'm sorry, I overslept. Where are we headed to?"

"National Air and Space Museum is our first stop. After that we will play by ear." Hotch says walking into the foyer, followed by JJ, Emily, Garcia, and Spencer. "Morgan, JJ, and Garcia, you'll ride with me. Everyone else go with Dave."

We all nod at his instructions, not daring to object to his orders, even though we are off duty. Before I can even step into the house, everyone is piling out and onto the driveway, heading towards their assigned cars.

Emily takes the passenger and Spencer and I take the back seat. Usually Spencer and I always take the back seat, it's kind of an unspoken thing amongst the team, for some reason.

The ride to downtown D.C. is about 30 minutes, so we were going to be here for awhile. The car ride started off slow, there was 80s hits playing in the background as I went through my emails.

Eventually, Spencer is the first one to break the silence as he shuts his book. I glance at the book he just finished. Great Expectations. Huh.

"Did you know that the 80s was the Golden Age of music videos? Actually, the first music video to be shown on MTV was Video Killed the Radio Star by The Buggles. It appeared in-"

"1981." Rossi cuts him off. "I watched it live."

I look at Spencer as he clears his throat, wanting to say more.

I had listened to the song and heard it on the radio a couple of times. It was okay, but not my cup of tea.

"Have you listened to that song?" I ask Spencer, turning my entire body to face him.

He glances at me from the corner of his eye. "A few times. Not my taste in music."

I chuckle. "Yeah, not mine either. Emily, what's your favorite song?"

"You know what? I don't really have one. I like all different types on genres. Just not country music. Ugh, I hate country."

"What? I actually don't mind country." Spencer whines.

I laugh as Rossi answers my question as well. "One of my all time favorite songs is Take on Me by a-ha."

I nod my head in approval. "How about you Spencer?"

"I like lots of 80s music. My uh, my mom actually played it often around the house."

I give a nod of approval and turn my head so that it is facing the back of Emily's seat. I didn't want to push the topic and trigger any memories.

-

As I enter the Air and Space museum, I am greeted with many cool gadgets and structures. As I walk around with Emily by my side, Spencer trails behind us, spitting out facts about everything that we see.

"Kid, let people look at things and read the plaques." Morgan cuts Spencer off by placing a hand on his shoulder.

I look out the corner of my eye as I read a plaque, trying to act like I'm not eavesdropping.

"Well, what am I supposed to do? I already know all of this information."

I finally turn away from the plaque towards both men standing in front of me. "Hey Spencer? Want to go sit outside? We can wait until they're done. I visited here while on vacation time, so I've seen everything too."